Jay in Washington

-

JayG

Reaction score
My son and I have been car searching for a long time now for his first car We wanted a project that we can work on together so we can spend time together and he can learn about mechanicing. So, last week on his 16th birthday we bought a 1963 Dodge Dart GT. We are still working on getting the 225 running and making a list of everything it needs to be a reliable and safe driver. We are excited jump in.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The first order of business would be to go through the brakes and suspension to make sure the car will be roadworthy once you get it running. From there, I'd work on and cosmetics that you deem need taking care of and after that enjoy cruising it around with your son. And by the way, welcome from Texas.

My son and I have been car searching for a long time now for his first car We wanted a project that we can work on together so we can spend time together and he can learn about mechanicing. So, last week on his 16th birthday we bought a 1963 Dodge Dart GT. We are still working on getting the 225 running and making a list of everything it needs to be a reliable and safe driver. We are excited jump in.

View attachment 1716113602

View attachment 1716113603

Welcome from the other side of the state. I'm actually in Davenport, but list Spokane because it is the "big" city closest to me.

The first order of business would be to go through the brakes and suspension to make sure the car will be roadworthy once you get it running.

No argument, but a car that makes noise is easier to be excited about. Trick is being able to control yourself and not take it around the block first time you get it running. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. After a new starter and an electronic ignition kit we got her running tonight!

-
Back