JC Whitney 7" Headlamp Conversion?$45.99

-
Have not used them. They will fit your Valiant. Might be a bit hard on your electrical system if it's still stock 68.

They will work but you should run relays and upgrade the wiring before using them.......the will use more juice than your original style lights

I'm running somthin similar to those. I used two relays one for low beam the other for high beam. It takes alot of stress off of your headlight switch, and bulkhead connector. One of the larger causes of dash fires. They are much brighter than standard headlights, and you can get higher wattage bulbs also.

I got the old style sealed beam type halogen headlamps in the
Duster. You should still be able to get them from your local
parts store. Just remove the orignal lamps and Install them.
Same wire connector on the back.

The first upgrade to do is headlight relays, for just the reasons that 64dartwagon said,"It takes a lot of stress off of your headlight switch, and bulkhead connector. One of the larger causes of dash fires." also its a must for any other lighting upgrades. Just doing the relays will make your headlights brighter, I got another 1.6 volts to my headlights even that made a big difference.
Check this out for more info about lighting and relays
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

wow id like to do that, but that seems way to complicated

I got the old style sealed beam type halogen headlamps in the
Duster. You should still be able to get them from your local
parts store. Just remove the orignal lamps and Install them.
Same wire connector on the back.

Agree with Bryan.

Sylvania has a sealed beam halogen that is a stock replacement bulb.They are much brighter than the original sealed beams.Something like $10.00 each,and your done.

This diagram might be easier to read:

headlightrelays-vi.gif

BTW: Those JC Whitney H-4's with the clear lenses are VERY annoying to on-coming traffic. The flat lense Hella's or Bosch units are fluted, which means the beam is concentrated to aim forward and away from on-coming traffic. Those JC jobs are like powerful fog lamps... NOT a good idea.

I just bought a set of used Bosch H-4 headlights from a Porsche 928 on e-Bay. I paid $26 with shipping.
H4-vi.jpg

They even have the neat parking light in the base of the lamp....
H4a-vi.jpg

That little bit of corrosion on the back will never be seen, or affect, the lamp's performance. I have a set of these in my Dart and the difference is amazing.... and wiring in the relays took me all of 45 minutes. The relays I bought at Radio Shack for a few dollars each. Just make sure you buy a 30 AMP relay for each circut to prevent them from melting.

I've run the Hella lamps on my 69 for years, never have done the relay conversion but it is a great idea, as is running a big bypass wire from the alt hot lead to the battery positive to take most of the load off the amp gauge and wiring without completely disabling it.
I also put in the old BIG cop alt on mine which is nice, the brackets were the hardest part to find, the alt worked fine with the electronic voltage regulator.
The Hellas were one of the best lighting upgrades I have ever done, they put out more light with one headlight out then the old sealed beams did with both working, plus you can put higher wattage bulbs in any one that takes H4 bulbs.

-
Back