Jeep liberty suspension

-

mailman2004

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a jeep liberty k member in my 1968 Dart. Just did some quick measurements and it seams close in width. Anyone thought about it, or tried it? I know it will take a lot of fab work but I'm not afraid of that.

My wife has a 2007 4x4 Nitro, it’s just a Jeep Liberty in drag, I don’t see how all that iron would possibly fit under a 68 Dart. Perhaps you are looking at a two wheel drive donor which I have not ever seen... Not a big seller here in Maine. LOL

Disk brakes from the Jeep will require a much larger diameter wheel to be stuffed into the dinky Dart front wheel wells, and those tall struts and huge control arms will be a challenge.

This spring I was wondering the same while replacing Nitro’s lower ball joints, brakes and rear shocks, would this suspension fit into an A Body, or the rear axle be a suitable replacement with its disk brakes, and low gearing. I came to the conclusion probably not unless someone was building an itty-bitty big foot monster truck atrocity. LOL

I applaud innovation. This is a pic I've found of the Jeep Liberty engine cradle:

DSC02557.jpg

I'd be asking how the lower and upper a-arms are attached to it. What about spindles? Are there any that don't require axles to go through them? Lots of interesting points. You can squint and almost see an Alterkation.

Greg

I'm sure "if" it will work it will require a lot of modification/fabrication but that is why we have welders, and torches. I hope in the next few day I will be able to pull some more measurements.

-
Back