Jeep oil pan for Hemi

-

HardVG

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a rear sump oil pan and pickup as used on the Jeep version of the Hemi. It's going on a 6.1, I assume it would be the same as used on the 5.7.

I have a pickup and the oil pan of a 2006 grand Cherokee
for sale as well

Do I need the starter on the passenger side to run the other Jeep bits?

4x4 grand Cherokees with 6.1 which are SRT models are on the pass side and have a aluminum pan . not plastic . you will find 2 wheel stuff as well in the southern usa . No snow there .

Found one on eBay, still need the pickup though, that's after I brought anothe car oil pan that I don't need last week because I didn't read the listing properly. Rockauto actually has new Mopar oil pans listed for the SRT8 and then different ones for the 5.7 Hemi at half the price, presumably these are plastic ones.

Is the jeep block actually different or just the bell / transmission?

yes all the ones that are for 5.7 2wd are plastic with headers . not for me! that's just my 2 cents .

as for the jeep block . all 6.1 are the same just different hp and torque . Depending on the applications from the factory.

Its all in the bell / tranny .

The aluminum 6.1 Grand Cherokee pan actually has bolt holes in the side . these were for side mounting of the transfer case support bracket.

The pans are slightly different between the Jeep 5.7 and 6.1. Both are aluminum (I've had both), but the 6.1 is a lot more expensive. The difference is minimal, and not worth the extra price IMO...

Time for a few comparative pictures I reckon:

6.1 car oil pan:

SRT front sump crate motor oil pan, brought this by accident thinking it was rear sump, looks like a nice pan if you needed the front sump, just wasted money in my case. Notice it doesn't have the extra webbing up to the transmission like the regular car oil pan:

5.7 rear sump Jeep oil pan, this one is circa 2006 apparently, now on it's way, you can see the similarity with the crate motor pan just the sump is on the other end:

Cool pics, but keep in mind the car pan is front sump and the Jeep is rear sump. When I was searching for the right pan back in about '05-'07 (finally went with custom Moroso pan), I ordered both the Jeep 5.7 ($115) and the Jeep 6.1 ($350) pans brand new. The big difference was the 5.7 has that big "divit" in the sump. I think it's for clearance of part of the 4 wheel drive system, vs. the 6.1 didn't have the divit (because of ALL wheel drive system?).

As it was though, I returned them both because they hang down too low in an A-body, unless you run the car somewhat "old school", with it jacked up a bit like they use to run the old Hemi S/S cars.

For the money, if you're going to run the car jacked up a bit, the truck pan is the best bang for the buck. It was only about $50 new at the time. It hangs down the same as the aluminum pan.

After buying multiple different pans and returning them; talking with the jerk manager at Milodon; calling Charlie's pans and Charlie was always out of town at a show, I finally called Moroso and ended up with a work of art for a fair price.

HardVG, I may be interested in the SRT pan if you want to sell it...

I'd love to sell you the SRT pan, but at the risk of doing myself out of a deal, have a look on US ebay, shipping from here (Aus) would be a deal breaker I think.

I've got all of the Milodon stuff for an a-body swap, just playing with something else in the meantime.

-
Back