Jeep SRT8 Headers

-

Tincup

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to use a set of Jeep SRT8 headers on their swap? If the Jeep manifolds work, I'll bet a set of headers would work also. Just some food for thought.....:-|

I haven't heard about anybody doing it, but it makes sense. Long-tube (if they are available) may not work, but the shorty's seem like they should.

I've used the Jeep SRT manifolds with the RMS Alterkation setup, they fit the frame and form very well, but needed to fab up a new driver's side motor mount to clear the first tube at the front. Otherwise, they fit fantastic, and I think they flow as good as headers even.

They fit the alterktion, but they do NOT fit around the factory manual steering box. You would have to rework the #1 primary entirely. About 1/3-1/2 of the #1 primary tube wants to occupy the same space as the manual steering box.

They fit the alterktion, but they do NOT fit around the factory manual steering box. You would have to rework the #1 primary entirely. About 1/3-1/2 of the #1 primary tube wants to occupy the same space as the manual steering box.

My driver's side header hit on the Alterkation motor mount hard, had to make a new one that moved it down a little over an inch for it to clear.

Been there, done that......

Attachments

• A164.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 232
-
Back