Jet Hot

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anybody use it? Or just have an opinion on it? One thing I have heard is the finish stains easily, but the shop that told me this was shady at best...
http://www.jet-hot.com/

They are the originals offering the ceramic coatings for headers. I believe they are one of the few that offer colors other than silver and black.

Nothing magical about doing these coatings, seems most places that do powder coating are doing the high temp coatings now.

I stopped by the shop in my town that does all the coatings for another shop near by that builds custom headers and he gave me the grand tour. First step whether they are new or used is to degrease them. They then get bead blasted to rough up the surface and remove rust. They then go go through the electrostatic application (same as poweder coating) of the coating after which they are baked in an oven. The silver coating comes out quite dull looking and these are tumbled in a drum with media to burnish the surface and create the shiny silver look. The black coating doesn't get this. I was also told that the black actually has a higher temperature rating.

Unless you live near Jet-Hot and can drop the parts off and pick them up I would look for someone local to avoid the shipping charges.

I've used them. The silver ceramic coating is amazing how much cooler your engine compartment is. They coat them inside and out. I have not noticed any staining after years, but I doubt I would notice. I had it done to keep temperatures down in the engine bay. I have never tried anyone else.

Depends on what your after, I had my hemi manifolds done and I'm real pleased

Attachments

• road runner 670 (Small).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 221
I had my TTI headers jet hot coated. The advertisement claims they coat the pipes inside and out. The inside coating consisted of mopping (brush marks) some silver paint at the header collector portion and stopped at the individual pipe area. I sent them back and they kept my headers for about three weeks. headers came back looking the same.. So much for an inside outside thermal barrier coating...

I bought the DIY coating and sprayed it, MUCH cheaper for the same effect. And you can buy colors...

-
Back