Jets

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
Dumb question: isn't there supposed to be two streams of gas in all carburetors? I have a hesitation problem and checked the accelerator pump. Only one jet was shooting fuel. I am guessing something got past the NEW fuel filter I installed.

It is a Carter 2 bbl. I have never removed the jets. Is it easy enough that I do not need to remove the carburetor?

Dumb question: isn't there supposed to be two streams of gas in all carburetors? I have a hesitation problem and checked the accelerator pump. Only one jet was shooting fuel. I am guessing something got past the NEW fuel filter I installed.

It is a Carter 2 bbl. I have never removed the jets. Is it easy enough that I do not need to remove the carburetor?

It is very easy to remove with the carb on the motor, but it's also very easy to drop the screw/s down in the carb.:D
Once the screw is backed out don't try to take it out by itself.
Lift the squirter out with the screw/s still sitting in the hole and it majorly lessens the chances of loosing it down the intake.
If you ever do loose something down a carb don't move the throttle until you can get a magnet or something to remove it, as it will lay on top of the throttle plates until the throttle is moved.

-
Back