Jewelers rouge for glass ?

-

Darter6

Reaction score
I have been told that jewelers rouge can take fine scratches from windshields wiper marks.Has anyone used this method ? I did the finger nail test,passed that, meaning if you can feel it the scratch is too deep to buff out.

I have used Purple Metal Polish with great results to remove the (fog ) look from glass and to polish hard plastics such as tail lights etc. The (fog) being fiine scratches from dust that we get in cat whisker area and window being rolled up and down on our dirt roads.
Yote

I have been told that jewelers rouge can take fine scratches from windshields wiper marks.Has anyone used this method ? I did the finger nail test,passed that, meaning if you can feel it the scratch is too deep to buff out.
Be careful, if you polish too deep in one spot you can create an "optical defect" like a magnifying glass... Really irritating if it is in your line of sight!!!

Why don't we just use cerium oxide since it's proven and available?

cerium oxide ? I'm not that smart,never heard of it.Time for Google !

Barkeeper's friend

shopping.jpg

I've tried a few of these products mentioned above with little to no luck. I "think" if I used an orbital polisher instead of trying to do it by hand may have yielded better results....

Also, plain white toothpaste has been mentioned in the past.

-
Back