JHDevals 65 Barracuda

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Well a few months ago my brother and I bought a 65 Barracuda with a 225 slant 6. Great car excellent condition. Just some rust on the lower rear quarters and front driver side well. Everything else solid.

We started by removing the interior and trying to get the engine running. The interior is all out and I am SLOWLY working on repainting the trim.

Right now the engine is not running. We need to pull the tank clean it and hopefully coat it. I am hoping my problem is a fuel delivery issue and not something more serious.

One of the first things we did after pulling the interior was start laying down several coats of sound deadener.

I have a few questions if anyone can help. I need to clean and paint my dash but I am worried about pulling it out of the car. Any suggestions on how to paint it in the car? Also my door panels are worn pretty bad. Since I am redoing the seats covers I was going to use the same vinyl on the door panels. Any reason not to use melamine for the recovered panels?

Pictures for the work in progress: http://picasaweb.google.com/chalstead1980/1965Barracuda?feat=email#

-
Back