jimwwood

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
How did you supercharge your /6 with a a gm supercharger.

sorry this took so long to reply,

First off i dont know alot about blowers but i thought it would be fun to try it and i work in an environment that i have access to alot of matal works and hardware,
First i took the carb off and cut the opening in the intake as big as i could.then i made an adapter plate that was 1.3/4 thick to bolt from the intake to the blower.then once i got that situated on the motor i changed all the pullys to a serpintine belt,i got the pullys off of a 98 ford torus and believe it or not they bolted right on.
I had to machine a spacer for the crank pully.now for the carburator,i took the throttle body off of the super charger and made a 90 degree adapter for the original 2 barral carp to bolt on . Other than that it was just a few mods on the thottle linkage and kick down.
Alot of work but the result of an over driven eaton m 90 sounds awsome and gives a pretty good power boost. I took it to the local track on a test and tune day and ran a 14 flat
If u ar thinken about doing this,dont get in a hurry because it takes time.

sorry this took so long to reply,

First off i dont know alot about blowers but i thought it would be fun to try it and i work in an environment that i have access to alot of matal works and hardware,
First i took the carb off and cut the opening in the intake as big as i could.then i made an adapter plate that was 1.3/4 thick to bolt from the intake to the blower.then once i got that situated on the motor i changed all the pullys to a serpintine belt,i got the pullys off of a 98 ford torus and believe it or not they bolted right on.
I had to machine a spacer for the crank pully.now for the carburator,i took the throttle body off of the super charger and made a 90 degree adapter for the original 2 barral carp to bolt on . Other than that it was just a few mods on the thottle linkage and kick down.
Alot of work but the result of an over driven eaton m 90 sounds awsome and gives a pretty good power boost. I took it to the local track on a test and tune day and ran a 14 flat
If u ar thinken about doing this,dont get in a hurry because it takes time.

If I find one,I will be picking your brains if that is ok?

no prob i had fun doing it and all the guys at the track thought it was pretty awsome that day
I will probly dissasemble the stuff and sell separetly i will take lots of pics for ya

http://www.projectplato.com/cars/bigredhome.html

I have had a discussion with Al T on this from /6 forum. I have a superchaarge and everything but I have yet to find anyone who will convert my intake for me so my project is dead but I sure would like to do this with my 62 wagon. So if anyone can help out with the intake please let me know.

http://www.projectplato.com/cars/bigredhome.html

I have had a discussion with Al T on this from /6 forum. I have a superchaarge and everything but I have yet to find anyone who will convert my intake for me so my project is dead but I sure would like to do this with my 62 wagon. So if anyone can help out with the intake please let me know.

Yeah the hard part is finding someone who knows how to weld cast iron

No cast iron here I have a aluminum one barrel intake and a 4 barrel iintake to work with

try searching for Quality Machine in Bridgeport, WV They fabricate and their main man Chuck's a Mopar Guy

try searching for Quality Machine in Bridgeport, WV They fabricate and their main man Chuck's a Mopar Guy

I just sent them an email will let you know of results

-
Back