Jounce Stop Bumper ?

-

one mile

Reaction score
O.K. I'm new to Mopar. What is a Jounce Stop Bumper? Part #52110276 and where does it go ? Putting a Car I bought togeather (some assembly required LOL ) and found this in one of the many Boxes I have full of parts. anybody ? It's pretty big so I don't think it's front suspension....Thanks , Tim

Too Old to know that kind of stuff but will ask Daughter to help when she gets home......Thanks

im trying to upload a picture of it. the upper control arm impacts it when the front end is at maximal rebound.

The rubber bumper the upper control arm hits when the front end rebounds after a large bump or dip in the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 378
Trying to post a pic. now...the one I have is 6in. long and about 4in. high and looks like a long Triangle 2 bolts hold it down

Here is a pic of the lower and upper. The upper one is what is in front of the shock. The lower one is right below the upper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 367
Yep sounds like the lower control arm bump stop, so it doesn't hit the frame when you go through a dip :)

I circled it on FJ5's picture

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 360
It is not front end related I am familiar with those but thanks...I think73Scamp318 might be on the right track...crawled under the car but see no location it could be located..... HOW DO YOU LOad picS. FROM phone s*** !

If you put the letters AC after the part # and google it, it comes up with a lot of stuff for a dodge truck suspension part.

FJ5 - Do you work for the FBI? I've seen clearer pics of bank robbers!:cheers:
C

Thanks weebull but all I find is that I can buy one for 44.00 but nothing else...If someone would be kind enough to post HOW to POST PICS. I will print it out, Frame it, and put it up on the wall so I will not forget. I got them off the Phone into my Computer but can't post them... I gave it a try and as you see above NOTHING POSTED...Too Old for this S*** but I have got to get this Car together before my Daughter gives up on me ever finishing. We all know how it is to be (16 now) and NO WHEELS ! HELP! Thanks, Tim

You might have to resize your pic. If it is too large the system simply will not load it. Get your 16 y.o. daughter to help you resize if necessary and post the pic.

Also, tell us what you are working on. It sounds way to big for the front end. The rear diff bumper on my car was a push into a bracket style. There are some smaller ones that attach to the rear frame rail over the rear axle, but I think they are much smaller than the dimension you gave also.
C

FJ5 - Do you work for the FBI? I've seen clearer pics of bank robbers!:cheers:
C

Yep that's me Special Agent FJ5. LOL that is a pic I took with my phone of my computer with the pic enlarged. Sorry it got a little blurry. Just trying to help a fellow out. I don't have my car to take a picture of as it is still in paint shop jail.

FJ5 - Thanks for taking my comment the way it was intended!

one mile, I don't think you have an A body part there if that 6" X 4" dimension is correct. Where there other parts that came with the project that fit other vehicles?
C

I can find that # with AA or AC on end, but either way not A-body. Jounce stop is usually refering to the part that stops frame from bottoming on rear. That size could only be a truck part. I don't see here what you are working on... If its new sell it and buy parts you need. Otherwise, sounds like a nice wheel chock.

Here is the part in question, I'm posting it for one mile.

Attachments

• jounce.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 272
Guess I can set it aside till I get through more of these Boxes. LOL ! Thanks Everyone ! Tim:banghead:

-
Back