Junkyard Carz

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
Anybody check out that show Graveyard carz?I was flippin through the channels and saw the last 10 minutes of the show. They were working on a 70 Roadrunner. Nice to see an all mopar tv show.I hope it lasts lol.

Yeah it's on 'Velocity', channel 281 on directv. They appear to be airing the same episodes that were on the web last year.

Mark knows his stuff and I get some knowledge out of it.

I've only seen two episodes, but they are definitely Mopar guys. Sometimes I wonder if the main guy would lynch me if he saw how much I was changing on my Duster from how it left the factory:protest:

Cool to see an all Mopar show though, nice departure.

I saw a few minutes where the guy was trying to drive the car without brakes. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on television. Those two guys trying to argue and cause reality drama was painful to watch. Why do they have to do that crap? Guys tune in to check out nice cars and maybe learn a thing or two. We don't give a rats *** about any "drama" going on between these guys. The fact that it's so obviously fake makes it even worse.

I saw a few minutes where the guy was trying to drive the car without brakes. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on television. Those two guys trying to argue and cause reality drama was painful to watch. Why do they have to do that crap? Guys tune in to check out nice cars and maybe learn a thing or two. We don't give a rats *** about any "drama" going on between these guys. The fact that it's so obviously fake makes it even worse.

AGREE....Mark is obviously the brains... knows his mopar stuff.

Those two guys trying to argue and cause reality drama was painful to watch. Why do they have to do that crap? Guys tune in to check out nice cars and maybe learn a thing or two. We don't give a rats *** about any "drama" going on between these guys. The fact that it's so obviously fake makes it even worse.

Haven't seen any episodes yet, but I do follow their facebook page. Mark posted the following comments Sunday morning, which explains why they had to incorporate "the drama" in order to get the show aired (Full posting can be seen on the Graveyard Carz facebook page)..

After creating a one hour pilot, featuring straight work on cars and no character interaction, I sent it out to the networks. After nearly a year of "sorry" or "unfortunatelies" I had find out why I was being passed by. Soon I made connection with A. Smith and Co. This is the company that produces shows such as Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Trading Spaces, etc. Under the direction of a very nice lady there, I learned that even "car shows" have to maintain certain elements to make it appealing to a network. Drama, Conflict and Comedy are the main ones.

So, armed with that knowledge, I set out to rework the program that housed my beloved Mopars. I have always hoped I could make a program that could showcase the cars I love and spread the word of how cool they are, to the masses. I felt it was important to establish characters in the series first and foremost because I knew the 'Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Road Runners, GTX's, Superbirds and Daytonas would carry their own weight.

After revamping the program to a format desirable by networks, Graveyard Carz is now filming it's second Season. It has been sold and is airing in over 40 countries. Discovery Turbo for the UK purchased it and is set to air late this year. Discovery Latin America has bought Season I and Season II which is still in production. The list goes on and on...

If you want to see our beloved Pentastars on TV then you have to ride out the storm and realize we're trying to reach more than just car enthusiasts with Graveyard Carz. There is not another all Mopar show on TV and I doubt there will be another. Rest assured I listen to everyone and make notes to make the program better. But, I also have to make it appealing to the mainstream viewing audience if we want to be around for many years to come. Just thought I should say something.

~ Mark Worman

I saw the pumpkin episode- total BS

85% of the show was fabricated drama, and not even 5% was about the cars.

Most Mopar guys I know (myself included) are a bit eccentric, but that show just makes us look silly.

As much as I disliked the "Desert Valley" show, I like it better.

"Chasing Classic Cars" is even better still.

The one that is similar with Corky Coker from Coker Tire is even better.

The same guys that tried to make the claim about pulling that Cuda outta the ground?If so,It's total Bullshit!
I have a pic of that Cuda sitting in the guys backyard where it sat for many years(his son got killed in it)

ive seen 3 of them so far,,,to much fake drama,,,and corny,,,hope they get the act together and show some mopar love,,,

even the new show fast and loud is a lot of drama,,,its not corny,,,also the new jessie james show cant remember the name,,only one show aired so far way better then the corny drama on grave yard carz,,,

new over haulin said to be on its way,,,,,

-
Back