Junkyard find Michigan.

-

gtdart

Reaction score
The other day I was up in a yard near Gowen,MI looking around. I found a back window for a 65 barracuda and a nice 68 dart grill. The junkyard has a pretty good amount of A-body stuff. They also have B-bodies.
70-74 Dart
64-72 Cuda

The one thing I like about this yard it's organized.
I don't know much on price's, never bought anything yet.

The other day I was up in a yard near Gowen,MI looking around. I found a back window for a 65 barracuda and a nice 68 dart grill. The junkyard has a pretty good amount of A-body stuff. They also have B-bodies.
70-74 Dart
64-72 Cuda

The one thing I like about this yard it's organized.
I don't know much on price's, never bought anything yet.

Just ask the guy how much for all of it and then you can sell parts to FABO members and make your money back...........................and maybe a little extra.

if there is any trim for a 67 notch back cuda or a driversisde headlight bezel I want it!

Jason

That's Buds Auto Parts.

He has quite a bit of trim & glass but almost all the sheet metal is no good. Anyway his prices are usually alot higher than Ebay or swap meets.

I only go to him when I can't find it anywhere else. Call Texas Acres to compare pricing. They seem to have quite a bit & are reasonable.

davedartgt Yep, it's bud's. Its pretty sad that they stacked cars on top of another. They've wrecked some many roofs. Ye the some of the sheet metal has been destroyed same with some of the interior.

davedartgt Yep, it's bud's. Its pretty sad that they stacked cars on top of another. They've wrecked some many roofs. Ye the some of the sheet metal has been destroyed same with some of the interior.

Well that was stupid don't you think?

Wanna hear some crazy prices then try Fox's just North of Harrison. You won't believe it. I guess that's why the cars have the same parts on them as the first time I went there 20 years ago. Funny how the price on them keeps going up but the condition keeps going down. Still trying to figure that one out. Another guy that had some pretty crazy prices was Hilliards in Vestaburg. Lots and lots of usable parts just like Fox's but he wants so much for his stuff it will just sit and rot until the crusher gets it. In fact Hilliards may not even be in business anymore. When I was there a little over a year ago the old man was completely blind and said the township was trying to shut him down. Definately worth a day walking around either yard if they will let you in.

Yeh, I've been in Hilliards there's is lot of cars and trucks. It's pretty sad. I'd love to be up there if they make him sell the stuff, it would be nice if it went cheap.

I just traded my red 67 dart for a 65 Plymouth belvedereII to a guy from Harrison.

Hey GT what was the guys name if you don't mind me asking? I used to work in Harrison and only live about 30 miles west of there?

The guys name is Ed. Him and his wife run a small trucking co. They Use 2002 Dodge cummins Pick ups to haul with.

Nope I don't know him. I thought it might be one of the Mayfields. They have always been pretty big into A body's for as long as I can remember.....But that's going back a "few" years.

Well that was stupid don't you think?
That was the norm. Back in the late '70s I'd spend an entire day "junkyarding". I was heavy into GTOs at that time, and the junkyard in Central Wisconsin I used to frequent always had at least 10 of them. A couple dozen Firebirds to boot. The cars usually were missing transmissions, and heads, but the rest of the cars were usually untouched. One time I found a PERFECT '68 GTO sandwiched in between cars. I bitched to the yardman that I would have bought the whole car if I'd have known it was in there. (400/T-400 hisNhers/buckets/console ect) He told me that he wasn't putting any more GTOs out in the yard 'cause no one was buying parts off the ones that were currently there.
I saw my very first 440-six barrel '71 'cuda sandwiched in between two cars there one day when I was looking for a new Muncie. (Curious yellow, black vinyl, 4-speed.) It was a hard drivers door hit, but not in the pillar. Anyway I was with one of my mentors, and he talked the yardman into letting him come back, and getting what he could off it. They dropped the Dana for him, and he crawled into the side of the car and got the steering wheel and pistol grip shifter; backups for his '70 Challenger.

-
Back