Junkyard finds!!

-
Ahh... Wilmar!

I live in Northern Cali... but I vacation on Lake Koronis, near Paynesville every summer.

I suppose I should take a drive south on Hwy23 the next time I am back there!

I heard that place had quite a bit of a body stuff. Never been there but i went next door at the snowmobile/motorcycle salvage.... they got quite the selection there too. I'll have to head there one of these weekends. Thanks for the post!

Yes... I know of Camp Koronis. My Grandfather used to own all of the land at that end of the lake... a long, long time ago! It was all swamp land back then... he didn't realize what he had at the time! All that land was his hog and chicken farm. He was the owner / operator of the butcher shop in Paynesville.

I'm going to have to stop by there...what luck!! I am going to the cities tomorrow to pick up an engine I bought on eBay. I've been checking out the junkyards around the Iowa/Minnesota border and have been bumming them out...when I ask if they have any old A-body mopars, they usually say that they had them all crushed when the government was offering them $200 per car they crushed...I let them know what a 8 3/4 rear end is going for now...

As a true to the bone parts scrounger..... might I say..... gaaa gaaaa

I now see where I shall spend my next summer vacation ...

Truley a blessing.

Thanks for sharing such deviness.

-RPM

You guys should check out Windy Hill in London, MN. That place has over 80 acres of cars-I could spend days in there...unfortunatly they keep finding me at closing time.

I went to a junkyard that I know and took pics of these cars. I do have pics of a 73 Duster with a factory sunroof but its on my cell phone. There some challengers in there as well, Nothing salvageable I didn't take any pics cause I had camera set wrong and could only take a few pics.

291177853.jpg

291177838.jpg

291177834.jpg

291177829.jpg

291177824.jpg

291177823.jpg

291177821.jpg

Sacralidge seeing them stacked like that, Mopar Graveyard :angel10:

I would feel like I was in heaven in a boneyard like that. Nothing even close to that around here. I want that red swinger with the black vinyl roof. Or I would settle for a 727 tranny and an 83/4 for mine!

if some of those a-bodies have their original gas caps, you should snag a few and throw them on ebay. They go for 50 a pop.

We had one of those that closed last year, mostly 50's and 60's cars, a great way to spend some time just wandering around. He sold everything he could and crushed the rest :crybaby: I didn't find out until it was too late, I did get a mint 63 Galaxie grill and a cool trunk piece off a 64 Impala (yeah I know they're not Mopar) at a swap meat right after to hang on the wall in the shop to remind me. Those places are going to disappear.

i heard about that yard by willmar.
one of the guys my wife works with has a late 60s early 70s hemi charger.
he told my wife he knows i'm working on a 68 cuda. he said it was south
of St Cloud but couldn't remember the name. he said its his favorite place.
now i know where it is and the name. I'll have to check it out when I visit my
niece in Hutchinson.

i heard about that yard by willmar.
one of the guys my wife works with has a late 60s early 70s hemi charger.
he told my wife he knows i'm working on a 68 cuda. he said it was south
of St Cloud but couldn't remember the name. he said its his favorite place.
now i know where it is and the name. I'll have to check it out when I visit my
niece in Hutchinson.

They do have a lot of mopars, not all the pics in this thread I posted are from there.

junkyard pics 035.jpg

No picture BUT i saw it,touched it and passed on it, way back then 30 years ago + - , ready.. 1970 daytona 500 flat nose wing car $1500...two weeks later it was at the CRUSHER..broken wing and all.....The same guy still has his 70 superbird.....

-
Back