junkyard gold

-

ef8340

Reaction score
hey guys i just aquired a 70 gold duster from a old wrecking yard sorry no pics yet but had acouple of ?'s about it it only has one gold duster decal on the pass side fender and not the driver side did they come that way? also it has alot of dirt inside the cowl is there a way to get it all out of there? i used my garden hose to try and flush it out water drains out the sides but the pine needles are still there. would i need to take the fenders off and get a coat hanger up in there? here's alittle info on it. its EF8 green inside and out bench seat rubber floor mat 318/auto car with a/c and drum brakes and everything was there even the am radio did alittle cleaning this weekend it seems the last time it was on the road was 86 gonna go back to the yard in another week the car that was sitting next to it was a 68 GTX 440/4spd car they wont sell it but i did manage to talk him into selling the woodgrain rally wheel to me for 50 bucks its complete and no cracks!! while im there im gonna see if they will come off of the dana 60. the motor and hood is the only thing missing from the GTX the 4spd might be in the trunk i know the bell housing is behind the pass front bucket seat. along with the console and shifter

Nice i cant wate to see a pic of it .. have you tryed a shop vac to get the stuff out You will need to stirr it up when doing this

I think the only way to clean out the cowl is to seperate it from the firewall. Or compressed air. Too bad about the GTX!!

Did they say why they won't sell the GTX? But they're willing to part it out????

the GTX is their uncles which was given to him by a friend it appears that the car has been in its same spot for atleast 10 plus yrs as the pine needles and sap has completely removed all of its paint it was GG1 with white and green interior. the hood and motor are gone. all of the bias ply white letter tires are flat but it has tourque thurst rims and old highjacker shock stickers in the qtr windows. i can barely see the grille and rear trunk trim piece inside the car along with the bell housing and console all of which are in the back seat area rear seat is gone along with the divider the gear shifter is laying on the floor board in front
im not sure if they will part the X i just happened to offer 50 bucks for the steering wheel when i go to get that im gonna ask for the dana 60. i know they dont know what it is cause they refer to it as the "GT" and they have alot of chevy stuff. as for my duster i found out why it came there the number 4 intake lifter came apart putting the pushrod up threw the rocker and the guts of the lifter was left in the valley gonna pull motor next week and get ready for new motor

-
Back