Junkyard today

-
Where's all the early Darts. I don't see any. I guess they're just too awesome for the bone yard.

I thought Arizona and you desert guys would have all the good stuff. You guys have junkyards in Nevada and Arizona that go on for miles and miles and miles from what I have seen and not much rust to worry about.

We have alot of rust free stuff here.(except for my rusty hunk of a quarter) But plastic, and rubber do not last more than a few years and it's junk. Finding a grill here is impossible. They are all broken. Not an issue to fix but you end up breaking more than you fix. They get so brittle just touching them the plastic falls apart.

We have alot of rust free stuff here.(except for my rusty hunk of a quarter) But plastic, and rubber do not last more than a few years and it's junk. Finding a grill here is impossible. They are all broken. Not an issue to fix but you end up breaking more than you fix. They get so brittle just touching them the plastic falls apart.
I guess all that sand and wind basically sand blasts everything

I know this is an A-Body sight - but I have a soft spot for the Soft Yellow 66 Fury I spied a couple of times. I took my Drivers Test at Greensburg, PA in my dads 383 2bbl. auto. soft yellow Fury III 2 door in 1968. I had learned to drive in my brothers second car, a pale blue/green 64 Dart GT with the push button tranny. Dad thought the Fury would be better cause it had power steering, felt like I was driving a semi!!! That state trooper took me in the smallest stall to do my three point turn - BASTARD!!! When I swung the frontend around to straighten out, it went past the stop sign - he failed me for pulling into an intersection and then backing up!!!!!!

WOW!! Thats a ton of parts or project cars! How reasonable are they?

WOW!! Thats a ton of parts or project cars! How reasonable are they?
All the guys in this neck of the woods are, "I want $2000, but I may drop a little bit, if you know what I mean" Just gotta show up cash in hand and haggle like you have balls of steel and you leave with everything at a good price. But these guys know what they have when it comes to the rarer cars. This yard has some rare stuff too. Theres a white 383 GTS in there and a 440-6 '70 Roadrunner as far as I know.

nice junk yard ****,,thanks for posting,,,, so when do you start taking orders ??? i need a passenger side fresh air box from an early A or ???? from a heater delete car,,,

Anybody going to that junkyard - I need for you to look in that fastback fish and see if it has the rear seat back. I need the cams that actuate the seat back arms to unlock it. There is one on each side. They move when the lever to release the seat is moved.

I thought I had found some at Collectors Auto Supply but they have been sold already. WTF - these don't wear out and where do they get lost to?

PM me for a pic of the parts I need.

i wish we had a yard like that here . but then again id be there all day everyday well atleast till the wife got mad and divorced me . then id move in lol

Just wondering if anyone noticed the last pictures and input from the original poster are over two years old. Two more years of growth in that jungle and could anyone find anything???

ATB

BC

I would like to try. Surely there is a georgia member here that knows where this is at.

I just can't let this thread die after seeing the pictures posted of the cars. I really would like to go here. Anyone got a clue yet.

I checked his profile and noticed he was on here just 3 days ago. I just sent him a private message to see if he would share the location of the yard.

Wow!
I just stumbled onto this thread and can't believe how complete these cars are in this yard. It's been my experience around eastern PA that the Mopars are usually picked clean. I'd love to spend a day walking that yard!

Did I see a faded Panther Pink Swinger, or is my imagination just getting carried away from looking at all those cars? I can't come up with another color it could be at the moment.

Hard to tell locomotion. But if I can get the location I will see for myself if it is and report back.

Hard to tell locomotion. But if I can get the location I will see for myself if it is and report back.
If you get the location, be sure to PM me as I will indefinitely call in sick to work to go out there. "Cough cough, I don't feel so good. I'm gonna try and rest up" :toothy10:

We have a yard up here that puts that one to shame. It's like you have to be in a club to go in and the parts are pricey if you can talk the guy out of anything at all. I went in with a friend who knew the guy and was just amazed. Our church had bought a 68 Charger from there to restore as a sermon illustration about how God restores us. I found some pics of the Charger in the yard before restoration and then after surrounded by just a portion of the treasures there. I even found my HS car a 68 Satellite convertible that was wrecked and sold back in 1984 still there.
here is the Charger
l.jpg

and after
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

So here is the Google earth of the above yard. Its called Timberline I think and in Ronan Montana. The setting is beautiful, I like to think of it as Mopar heaven. I have also heard rumors this isn't even the guys "good" yard, supposedly there is another.
vbpgimage.php

So here is the Google earth of the above yard. Its called Timberline I think and in Ronan Montana. The setting is beautiful, I like to think of it as Mopar heaven. I have also heard rumors this isn't even the guys "good" yard, supposedly there is another.
vbpgimage.php
That is a lot of Mopars!!

With it forecasted to be a really cold winter this year, Lots of that weedage will die down exposing loads of awesome mopars. I'm down in Savannah, Ga. I would love to come visit sometime, walk the yard, meet other mopar folk, and snaps pictures for myself.

-
Back