Just a couple of /6 questions

-

pioneerp

Reaction score
I just picked up a /6 duster from Als RapidTransit in Willows CA. Als a great guy to deal with.
Between the fuel pump and block is a hose barb pointed straght up, Is this part of a evac system? Can I plumb it into the aircleaner? It open to the atmosphere now and I want to clean up the engine compartment. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks everyone
Mike

71 8sec Demon http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/pioneerp/new Demon/71 Demon new paintjob/
70 7.50cert tube chassis Duster project car R3/W8 w.Glide dana 60
72 340 4speed Demon restomod project
71 /6Dart daily driver

Is it part of the fuel pump ?

If it is get a fuel pump with a inlet and outlet only. They are cheap,and easy to install.Problem solved.

I think you're referring to the barb end for the vacuum system. It baffled me too when I first got my car.

I have a 3/8" vacuum line that comes out of the base of the carb, around to the passenger side of the valve cover where there is a 'T'. At that point, the hose that comes from the carb plugs into the right side of the 'T', a hose from the front side of the vacuum canister goes into the left side of the 'T' and the hose from the bottom of the 'T' goes to the fuel pump barb.

That's how I was told to set it up. My car runs beautiful now.

The carb vents to the crankcase in the 71 (?) through the fuel pump. On a later model, the carb would vent to the carbon canister.

-
Back