Just a question about magnum swap

-

REDLNR

Reaction score
So if a person was to do the swap. Kept the fuel injection. Installed overdrive trans depending on the gears what if any fuel mileage increase could a person see? Thanks. Shawn

I did a carbed 5.9 Mag & 518 in my 77 CrewCab with 4.10's that got a solid 9-10 mpg with it's stock 360/727 & had a top speed of about 75
When I was done it had twice the power,18-19 mpg hwy & top speed over 100 easy
I switched the converter & OD using toggle switches

It got 3 mpg hwy better than the 97 SWB 2WD that the engine came from

I leaned the carb out & got 21 mpg hwy but would burn the exhaust gaskets out on really long trips

So if a person was to do the swap. Kept the fuel injection. Installed overdrive trans depending on the gears what if any fuel mileage increase could a person see? Thanks. Shawn

A dynamite combination, done right.We need more info here: What truck (year/ trans behind it/any modifications?). The barrel is sweet,in mild street applications.What car,(if you have one?),will this go in.Let's start there.

I'm getting about 15-18mpg around town with my stock 99 5.9/46re/8.8 3.73 swap, but that's just a guesstimate because I stop filling the tank by ear not by hose auto shutoff, AND it's at full throttle more often than not. :D
Actually better mpg than the old turbo slant and way more consistent.

I have a 71 demon and a 71 dart swinger. Both 8 3/4. Have 3:55 3:91 4:10 4:30 and 4:56. One will be a street car other will be drag car. It's still a coin toss on which will be what.

-
Back