Just bought 1972 Dart Swinger

-

atomic1

Reaction score
Hello all. Have been lurking for a few weeks doing research on my car and future projects for it. Live in southern Indiana, this is my first Dodge, but I have thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Needs some tlc and some future body work that was half a$! done. Thanks for the info from everyone posting on the forum, the knowledge is great tool for newbies.... James

360 engine, 727 trans, 8.25" rear, front discs.

I have several things that need to be done first: engine mounts, transmission mount, rear leafs, front suspension bushings, headers...+ much more in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 152
Welcome to FABO, Pretty nice looking swinger ya got there, post some more pics if you can.

Thanks guys. The paint can is labeled Bizen Orange. I have another project I have been working on for a few years...38 pickup rat rod. So, some of my plans for the dodge will have to wait. But it's a decent driver for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 113
I haven't decided if I completely like the painted bumper...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 111
Was told the interior is out of a Polara. It's decent, but The front seats were mounted poorly. Anyone know if an interior from a 72 duster would fit or be similar/the same as original? I have a neighbor that has a complete interior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 112
The duster door panels will not be the same, but the seats will bolt right in provided that you have the corresponding holes already in the floor pan, ie, buckets or bench!! I'm not a fan of that painted bumper, but do like the car!! A chrome bumper would break up all that monotone color back there!!

Welcome to FABO by the way!! Geof

Two options I see on the front and back. There is a trunk trim piece that goes across the trunk lip and extends across onto the quarters. You can see it on mine to break it up. Since they are already painted, for fairly cheap money you can blast and powder coat. I powder coated a few pieces silver there are pics buried somewhere in my thread. On the front the hood has a stainless trim and there is a piece that goes around the fender extensions. You can see that too. My car is a darker red. Your grill is a 71. I used a brighter silver metallic to give my grill a better contrast on the dark red. Just my two cents. Just have fun...it's only paint!

-
Back