Just bought first A-body

-

spike188

Reaction score
Hey all!

Spike here, just purchased a 69 Barracuda convertible, 318 auto. She should be getting on a ship and heading my way, be here in a couple weeks. This is my first classic car and I have gotten a lot of different advice about engine oil. I think the owners manual back in 69 recommended 10w 40. Your thoughts and exp with the 318s from that era? Avg daily temps here in the mid 80s and this car will be a weekend cruiser. Max road speeds here 45 mph so she won't be ridden hard, 8)....... Can't wait!View attachment 69 Barracuda.jpg

Thanks Hetman, new to the Plymouths, grew up around GMs as my dad was a designer for the old Fisher Body for 40+ years. I hope to get this one back to as close to all stock/original since they only made >1500 convertibles in 69. I have a lot to learn but need a hobby as I get closer to retirement.....

Welcome aboard this great site spike, wowza!!8) looks like you will be rolling in style :cheers:
Congratulations on a great find, super nice A Body Barracuda we all will be looking forward to see when you get it home :blob: the suspense would get the best of me waiting it's arrival :glasses7:

Welcome to FABO there spike, and congrats on the great new car! That'll sure surprise them on the roads over there, huh?? Geof

Welcome aboard this great site spike, wowza!!8) looks like you will be rolling in style :cheers:
Congratulations on a great find, super nice A Body Barracuda we all will be looking forward to see when you get it home :blob: the suspense would get the best of me waiting it's arrival :glasses7:

Yeah, driving me and the boys crazy........my son is gauging the progress the hauler is making from NY to the port in CA. Hoping it gets on the ship sailing out here next week. The 15 days across the Pacific and I could be sitting in the drivers seat March 21st!! I will be sure to post some pics of her around the island......... :sunny:

Thanks for the info oklacarcollector! couldn't find that anywhere. even more reason to try and get her back to as original as possible....... going to have to learn how to read fender tags once she gets here,,,,,,all part of the fun

-
Back