Just bragging on a company and their service...

-

swisswill

Reaction score
About 6 or 7 years ago I bought a unique trailer hitch from a local trailer supply store. It's built by Anderson Hitches and is called the Rapid Hitch. I saw it at a boat show and decided I had to have one and I dubbed it the last trailer hitch I would ever buy, or so I thought. The hitch itself is carved from billet aluminum but the ball is steel. The hitch is designed to be modular and can (and should) be disassembled when not in use. The local shop I bought it from only had one in stock with a 2" and 2 5/16" ball included. I would never use the 2 5/16" ball and would rather have had a 2" and 1 7/8" combination but they didn't have it and couldn't say when they would get it, so I bought just a 1 7/8" ball separate.

I used the hitch all the time and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. In fact, I got rid of every other hitch ball I had. After I sold my last boat in 2006 I didn't really use the hitch much more and after I sold my Durango and moved to Switzerland, I forgot about it. The hitch assembly has sat assembled since 2007. Unfortnately since then, the aluminum and steel seized together and at Christmas I discovered it can now NOT be diassembled. So this is what I had,
file-21.jpg

To make a long story short, I decided to contact the company to see what my options were. There first question was why I wanted to disassemble it so I explained the entire situation from the beginning. The second question was, what is your address, let me see if we can do anything for you. This was just after I got back to Switzerland and amidst my exams I ended up forgetting about the hitch. Since being back in the States I suddenly remembered my hitch so followed up with the company to see if they were able to do anything. I quickly got an email back that they were sending me the parts I needed with the hitch ball I wanted originally, 2" & 1 7/8", at NO COST to me, not even shipping. And two days later this is what I have,
file-22.jpg

I was amazed at their willingness to help fix my dilemma and do it at no cost to me, especially when it was my fault for not using anti-seize or disassembling the hitch. I was going to buy the parts I needed anyway because I love the hitch, it really is the last hitch I'll ever buy (unless it's stolen, then I'm getting another one). I told them I would brag to absolutely everyone I could think of and so thought I'd post this here. This is an awesome product and obviously a great company and if any of you are in the market for a super-pimp billet hitch that is more flexible than any other hitch known to this man, check them out.

Many props to a great company with beyond exceptional customer service, and I didn't even ask them to do what they did...

Coat that slut up good with Permatex anti Sieze Compound and it'll never sieze up again.

-
Back