Just for fun: What wheels for my '65 Dart

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
OK, here's what I have...four 185/70R13s with stock wheels that the tire guy told me are wobbly. I also have two SBP wheels with 195/70R14s that I ran on the back, but they have a death vibration in them.

It seems like all six of my wheels have seen better days.

My Dart drives great if I keep it under 65 or so, but I drive on the freeway a fair bit, and the little 13 inch tires are letting the old motor buzz up quite a bit, and the speedometer's 10% off.

So, I'm starting to think about SBP wheels and tire sizes I could put on this thing that would look OK and drive smoothly! It's too bad about that weird bolt pattern, but I drive like a grandpa most of the time, and there's no need to go switching everything around.

Any ideas on what might look good? I'd like to get the tire size in the 25-25.5 inch range for the speedometer's sake. (This is just for fun; I'm in no hurry to switch)

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 225
Your going to have a limited selection for that bolt pattern. I think 15" black or body color steel wheels and dog dishes would look sharp. If Magnum 500's came in that bolt pattern that would look good too.

You can get SBP 15" rallye wheels with 225 60/15 all around or larger if they fit

Steelies if you want it to look stock, otherwise, watch the wheels for sale for some aluminum slots or Centerlines in SBP

Steelies if you want it to look stock, otherwise, watch the wheels for sale for some aluminum slots or Centerlines in SBP

noooo not the aluminum slots in small bolt patter :banghead:

I want those :evil3:

Thanks for all the replies so far, and the compliments on the Dirty Dart...I wish it looked as good in real life as it does in pics! It's got peeling clear everywhere, and is generally a little beat up and rough, but it's great fun that way!

I bit the bullet and ordered a set of 15x6" steelies from Summit! Now I just have to decide what size tire I want. With 24.75" tires on the back, the odometer was 5% fast, so I think I'm going to go with 205/65R15s, because they're 25.5" and big enough but not too big.

Sound like a good size for an old slant-powered Dart?

Well, I swapped on some 15" black steelies and 205/65R15 tires. I think they look pretty good, especially compared to the original picture!

Attachments

• 007a.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 98
  • 006a.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 117
Looks good ,much better than the first pic , tires fill the wheel wells now . must be a better ride on the highway .

-
Back