just found out my exhaust manifold is cracked

-

jpywell52

Reaction score
Was planning to do an electronic ignition swap per Slant Six Dan. Then fired it up this morning and found that an old weld, just forward of the carb on the exhaust manifold there was a huge crack at a point that was welded before. trying to decide what's next. i want to make this a reliable daily driver and as it seems im into this at least as far as pulling the intake and exhaust im wondering what recommendations the group has. I can put a little money into it but not a ton. I'm just looking to make the most of the down time and the opportunity to make a few improvements. Considering a better exhaust, and maybe a different intake/carb setup if this will make for an improvement. Also considering a turbo in the future? Whats the consensus for reliable daily driver setup for max performance and mileage?

I'll be working up in Queens the week of 10/7 and can bring up one (/6 manifold) if interested in buying it. PM me and let me know.

I braised the crack in mine and it's held up for years, but if you can get a good one at a good price that would be the best route.

Big thanks to Kevin, (64conv65hard) for selling me a nearly perfect manifold! He even had a friend deliver it to NYC! What gentleman!

Glad it worked out. Make sure you match the manifolds up flat and get the good Remflex or Aussie gaskets.

This weekend the exhaust swap happens! Today my ebay electronic distributor showed up, 20 bucks! Fingers crossed.... Heading to NAPA tomorrow to order the rest.

-
Back