Just how does the gas pedal attach??

-

loubee

Reaction score
64 Dart with V8. Can't seem to get the pedal and the linkage to like each other. Pedal always slips of to side. From what I can see, pedal appears to be in good condition. However, I'm not really sure what exactly to look for. Time to ask the experts.

64 Dart with V8. Can't seem to get the pedal and the linkage to like each other. Pedal always slips of to side. From what I can see, pedal appears to be in good condition. However, I'm not really sure what exactly to look for. Time to ask the experts.

Do you have the factory linkages? I dont see how the pedal could go anywhere other than right it the upper part of the pedal, its possible that the pin holding it to the floor has worked its way out, might have a look at that? Any pics?

Jake

Do you have the factory linkages? I dont see how the pedal could go anywhere other than right it the upper part of the pedal, its possible that the pin holding it to the floor has worked its way out, might have a look at that? Any pics?

Jake
I'll get some pics posted tomorrow when daylight. Pedal seems to be firmly attached to floor, just keeps sliding off to the left. As far as I know they're the factory linkage.

Strange. Im curious to see the pics. I just reassembled mine for my 64 dart and it cant move in either direction.

Jake

The pedal should mount on the bottom with 2 nuts through the floor board. It then should just rest on the rod coming through the firewall. Maybe the rod is bent?

-
Back