Just orded new headers from Layson

-
I wonder why the guy on the phone said springtime? :---) Maybe you got the last set?

65terror... got any pics of how they routed around the torsion bars?

They don't. The driver's side exits pointing directly AT the t-bar. The passenger side is a little better.
I used 2.5" pipe from header to muffler, and it's a little tight and I had to dent one pipe(not the header though).

Ever get these installed Djakken? They offer two models from Laysons- One for original v8 cars and the one you ordered for v8 swaps I guess.

HS-22MOD
Small Block Headers:
Headers - A-Body Small Block - Now for those that have modified there original cars to accept a Engine Swap Kit for these early A-body's (1963-66) we have a specific header for you guys as well. The #HS-22 will not fit for those cars that have the Engine Swap Kits (slant-six to a small-block V8, 273, 340 or 360 V - but these headers will workSpecific for Engine Swap Cars

Ever get these installed Djakken? They offer two models from Laysons- One for original v8 cars and the one you ordered for v8 swaps I guess.

HS-22MOD
Small Block Headers:
Headers - A-Body Small Block - Now for those that have modified there original cars to accept a Engine Swap Kit for these early A-body's (1963-66) we have a specific header for you guys as well. The #HS-22 will not fit for those cars that have the Engine Swap Kits (slant-six to a small-block V8, 273, 340 or 360 V - but these headers will workSpecific for Engine Swap Cars

I installed the headers. And yes, it was the HS-22MOD. Very tight, especially at the drivers side. The clearance to the steering is 0.2”. The installation was not a walk in the park, the torsion bars are a problem. I had a couple of days of pipe sculpturing, but now I’m very satisfied.

Attachments

• Headers.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 391
I was looking for tail lght lenses in the mid nineties. Laysons wanted 175. I figured out they are just greedy. Never bought anything from them. If you see a part at Laysons, you will be able to buy it from someone else cheaper (more reasonable)

Sounds like buying TTI is better money spent? I have had way too many issues with Dave Layson! At 1st it was good! Then I was having some issues and he just flat turned tail on me.

Damn,I cannot believe someone hasn't capitalized on this opportunity.... A lot of work,yes. Done right, damn.

Abodybomber! You are so correct! I bought up 4 a-bodys only because I could not afford a B or E body! A body stuff is getting as crazy as the B and E's! TTI seems to have a good set of A-body headers! They know that and they work! I guess thats why the expense is what it is! Sadly Mr Layson had a good thing by specializing in A body cars! The focus was good the end result was sad! I wish him luck ...BUT I think he missed the mark!

Djakken, were the torsion bars removed for install? Or was the problem that they hit the torsion bars location?
Thanks

I must be one of the lucky ones then because I have always had good luck dealing directly with Laysons at the Nats. My usual method is just to go with a list and if they have it there, buy it!!

I am also one of the lucky ones to get a set of Spitfires from Harold! As a matter of fact,'I bought one of first sets he made, $188 bucks and got them in about 3 days! Still on the blue 66 after all these years!!

Been playing the lotto....still no luck there!! Oh well!!

Djakken, were the torsion bars removed for install? Or was the problem that they hit the torsion bars location?
Thanks

The torsion bars where in place during install and the headers didn’t hit the bars. But it was some pipe sculpturing and welding to get clearance. I kept the dual exhaust system (stainless) used with the manifolds.

-
Back