Just to be sure....

-

1971Scamp440

Never forget 9/11
Reaction score
I have power brakes and power steering...a 440 swap with the Shumacher kit/headers will work right? Or is this swap for non power brakes/power steering? I'm ready to order the goods and get started, just want to make sure its all good!

Their website says power steering is OK but says nothing about power brakes. You may have to lose the booster since having one will make it almost impossible to remove the valve cover. If you run hydraulic lifters and non adjustable valve gear that will render the problem moot.

Power steering fine, power brake booster not so fine. You can buy an offset booster or just go with manual which is just fine as long as your front brakes are disc.

Terry

Power steering fine, power brake booster not so fine. You can buy an offset booster or just go with manual which is just fine as long as your front brakes are disc.

Terry

Thanks for the isight guys. Where abouts might I find an offset power booster for my 71 Scamp?

Can I use a 727 tranny out of a 2WD truck? Its in a 75(?) 2WD club cab....would just need to shorten the drive shaft right?

...........If the trans is really the rite 1 4 the cc it will have a bolt on yolk, similar 2 ur diff....the truck will have a 2 piece drive shaft............u will then need 2 tear it down , install a rear shaft and tailhousing from a car or reg cab truck...........kim............

-
Back