Just Unhappy here

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
Thursday I looked at a Miller TIG welder. It was used but looked good. Friday I called the owner and bought the welder. He asked that I pick it up this weekend. I called Sunday afternoon and he had traded the welder off for a 4 wheeler for his daughter. He said since I hadn't picked the welder up Saturday he belived I wasn't going to pick it up. He still had the welder. The man was going to get a trailer to pick it up. Needless to say he wouldn't honor the deal we made. I think he should had told the second buyer I was involved first and should get the welder.

What would you have done?
From my view. from His view.

Whip

I think the guy with the tig welder should have called you at least before he made any other deals, and not assume you didn't want the unit.

did you give him a deposit? did you tell him you would be there on Sat, or just sometime this weekend?
From his pov, one in the hand is worth two in the bush. Regardless, he should of called and let you know he made another deal

He should have called you to see if and when you were coming to pick it up. I wouldn't deal with him again.

So when you say you bought it, did you give him the money for it already? If so then he would have to stand by the deal, if not then I would say since you didn't show up or call him then he had ever right to sell it to someone else...Most people are a first come first served..

Wow, been there. On the side of the seller.... When selling something I always tell anyone calling "first person here with money. " I've over the years been stood up by lots of people saying "just hold it for me I'll be there this weekend to pick it up" and never hear from them again.
I know it sucks but When you see a deal Gotta just drop everything an jump.
Just my opinion. But sorry for your loose.

That happened to me with a car, it was a Chevy Monza, was going to make a prostreet car out of it, I called and went and looked at it, said I wanted it and would be back the next day with cash and a trailer, the next morning I showed up with cash and a rented trailer and the jackass tells me someone "came and bought it that morning" F_ckin Chevy guys...Least he could have done was call you.

Yes, the guy should have called if he had a verbal agreement with you, however, if he'd taken no money from you it was his property to do with as he liked. He's a jerk, and probably will burn in hell for this but if no money changed hands you didn't actually "buy" it. Forget about it and go forward.

If he told you he was going to hold it for you and then sold it, not real cool on his part. A deposit on your part would have made it binding to just about any reasonable person. If it was a good deal, gotta strike while the iron is hot.

HOWEVER, I totally understand him trading it off based on the I'll be there this weekend to grab it. That's too vague for me. I still have parts sitting around here that were supposed to be picked up on the weekend, FROM OVER A YEAR AGO! If someone tells me they'll be here on Saturday at 2pm, sounds more solid than just the weekend in general. They don't show when they say and no call, it's fair gamer all over.

I've been looking for a synchro 250 and they are popping up with greater regularity and prices are coming down. You'll find another welder and maybe an even better unit.

Yep the guy is a jerk because you guys made a deal and he didn,t stand by it.
However I always tell people first money takes it. People call and say hold it for me I,m on my way and they no show. Next time give him some money down to hold it for you. Lots of welding machines out there.

I would never hold anything for anyone without a deposit.....to many tire kickers.

You should have called him Saturday to let him know you would be delayed or to offer to put a deposit while you waited another day or two to pick it up.

That done = no issues.

Your bad. Sorry.

Unless you did put a deposit down....then his bad and I would call an lawyer man.

I did not put any money down. We did the this over the phone. He said the weekend not Saturday. He sold/traded it Sunday morning while at his work.

I belive this bothers me more because I gave my word that I was going to buy the welded.(old school here, like a handshake on a deal)

and your word is probably rock solid, but unfortunately too many people's words aren't worth a turd .. I think he probably really wanted the 4 wheeler for his daughter .. A phone call would have been nice, but maybe at that point he was hoping you would be a no show ?? Good luck on your search, you'll find a good welder

-
Back