Just wanted to say hi

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Well gents, its been a while since I posted, I got pulled for an emergency deployment a while back, and am still on it. Just wanted to say, I miss wrenching on the black beasty, and miss hitting you guys up for advice. Take it easy gents!!!
Mike

Keep your head down and come back soon. These early A's don't fix themselves!

Just take care of yourself and come back, so you can fix it and ask us for advice...

Well gents, I made it back home this week, spent yesterday and today with the family, degreased the engine compartment on the old girl, dawn dish soap, a scrub brush and a water hose work WONDERS! car still looks like crap. removed the falling apart rotten underhood mat today, sanded out the rust underneath (mostly surface) as best as I could, going to shoot it with some gloss black rattlecan rustoleum just to keep it covered until I can get it soda blasted sometime. Removed the battery tray, sanded the crap out of it, and repainted it, going to wind up getting a new one eventually, but its down low on the list of things to do. Got to head back to FL tonight, work starts up again in the morning but just wanted to say thanks for the warm wishes and that I am so glad to be home. Hopefully next weekend, I can finish out the wiring, re-install the dash and start the old girl up for the first time in a couple months. Heres to hoping I dont catch the car on fire roflmao!

Thanks for your service.

We'll be here when you are back.

Well gents, I made it back home this week, spent yesterday and today with the family, degreased the engine compartment on the old girl, dawn dish soap, a scrub brush and a water hose work WONDERS! car still looks like crap. removed the falling apart rotten underhood mat today, sanded out the rust underneath (mostly surface) as best as I could, going to shoot it with some gloss black rattlecan rustoleum just to keep it covered until I can get it soda blasted sometime. Removed the battery tray, sanded the crap out of it, and repainted it, going to wind up getting a new one eventually, but its down low on the list of things to do. Got to head back to FL tonight, work starts up again in the morning but just wanted to say thanks for the warm wishes and that I am so glad to be home. Hopefully next weekend, I can finish out the wiring, re-install the dash and start the old girl up for the first time in a couple months. Heres to hoping I dont catch the car on fire roflmao!

Just have a fire extinguisher handy! Good luck with the reinstall and start up! Then go drive the wheels off of it. Thank You for your service!!!!

-
Back