Just wanted to say Merry Christmas. . .and keep the Inspiration Going for us all.

-

Gen2Cudas

Reaction score
Evening All. I haven't had anything to post here for quite some time. 2012 has Not Been A Good Year for the Reed clan in Central Texas: parents' hospitalizations, Mother's death, Dad's moving in with my brother for care. . .and a heck of a lot more that I won't go into. Suffice to say, Red has had to take a back seat this year.

Finally have had the world slow down enough to get out and enjoy the weird Fall/Spring kind of Winter we are having down here. . .and have been able to steal a day or two every so often to work on the old Lady. . .

Some Pre work pics to see where I was way back in 2007:

Attachments

• '67 cuda pict 001.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 100
  • '67 cuda pict 002.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 97
  • '67 cuda pict 003.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 92
  • '67 cuda pict 004.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 91
  • '67 cuda pict 029.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 88
I hope things get better for you and many here this coming new year, and sounds like you have enjoyed a couple of days , witch is a good thing..

And some of the items I have been able to get done this past 18 months:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 012.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Christmas 2012 progress 011.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Christmas 2012 progress 010.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Christmas 2012 progress 009.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 88
As you can see, got the heater and A/C cores rebuilt via those kits sold through Harden's Muscle Car World. Alas, he has apparently sold his inventory to National Parts Depot.

I hope 2013 is a better year for you and your family !!! Merry Christmas and God Bless !!!

Learned to use a rivet gun to repair those fresh air doors. Came out pretty good- and seem to be pretty rugged too.

Got the Rubber in for all the doors, the trunk, the hood; managed to get the rear glass put in. . .all these items I had purchased before the crunch. . .

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 020.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Christmas 2012 progress 023.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Christmas 2012 progress 024.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 81
And, started to do the insulation from EZ-Cool. Goes down pretty well. Doubling it up from the firewall to the trunk, single in the walls and doors. . .

. . .you can see it behind the units and behind/above the steering wheel. . .

. . .got the windshield wipers refurbished too, with grease inserts in the pivots.

Now, this I am particularly thrilled about:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 013.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 74
  • Christmas 2012 progress 014.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Christmas 2012 progress 015.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 72
Pictures of the back aren't so good- what is here if you can see it is Redfin's IVRS (?), and complete clean and rewire of the dash. . .
. . .a good copy (finally!) of the 1967 handbook came in handy tracing all the wires. . .

. . .replacement vacuum switch, 8 ohm speaker, and repop glove box.

And, of course, the front side:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 022.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Christmas 2012 progress 035.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Christmas 2012 progress 033.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Christmas 2012 progress 030.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 72
Managed to pick up a in-dash tach to replace the vacuum gauge that was in place there, wired in just as the schematics called for:

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 028.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 71
And, if you look a little closer, you can see that the AM radio is now AM/FM, courtesy of CudaCrazy67. Thanks sir.

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 029.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 69
The dash bezel is not my own work- I managed to pick up one of Mr. G's last ones last Spring- before the Wifey shut me down on buying parts :)

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 031.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Christmas 2012 progress 034.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 69
Wow, looking very nice!!! Sorry for the loss of your mother, I hope 2013 is a better year for you with lots of success...have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :glasses7:

Thank you for the inspiration to keep going through life's hardships. May 2013 be a better year for all of us. Merry Christmas.

Ladies and Gents, thanks for all that you have done to help me along. Just reading what you have managed to get done- or dream of getting done- has kept me coming back to the garage and at least thinking about it.

I appreciate that- and you all.

Still got a lot of items to finish (read MONEY. . .and us with two in college this year and January- whew!), am puttering along doing what I can without too much outlay.

Will keep you informed when she is out the garage door and under her own power.

Thanks again all- and Merry Christmas to us all!

Attachments

• Christmas 2012 progress 037.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 63
THAT- that is my next project: how to rebuild that out of old and new, similar parts. Darned if I can afford an NOS one!

THAT- that is my next project: how to rebuild that out of old and new, similar parts. Darned if I can afford an NOS one!
You know we do not need heat much in Central Texas LoL....
(Aftermarket ones are available but do not look like yours at all...not too much $$)

Sorry tohear about your family issues, hopin g 2013 is better for you.

Nice work on the fish! Enjoy the journey!

Hoping your Holidays are Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Ma Snart

Wow! You are doing a great job! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and heres hoping for a much better year in 2013 for all!

-
Back