Just when I give the benefit of the doubt

-
New coffee shop attached at a local high volume garage...signs everywhere to move you car before you go get a coffee..i thought that was common sense...

haha all I know is if I mess up and one of you hotheads reaches in my car and punches me or something, I wont be trying to escape. one of us will be leaving the parking lot on a stretcher...

but if goin off on someone makes you feel better then just go ahead. but if you come up around here you should think twice little froggie before jumping
jus dont mess up..lol...think they or we are referring to rude and obnoxious people who are showing their *** in public unnecessarily...

Hmmm, reading some of these comments led my mind to this:
Yes the world is full of these phony wannabes and have had run ins with more than one,aint **** without their 'homies' or weapons...not men or of any character...punks...they dont even know what a real gangster is....

You use that language at my wife or daughter and it would be on.Maybe there were empty pumps when she pulled up or someone was already at one in front of her. She may have been ignorant but you were hostile. Get some meds.

What is it with Mods and Meds on this site???? :wack:

There is one c-store/truck stop that I will stop at only as a last resort(didn't appreciate a $100 charge on my debit card to pay for $20 worth of gas, and that was paying inside), every time I go there if I get in line for gas, the person ahead of me takes 10 minutes inside, then comes out and dinks around for another 5 minutes, geez if your going to balance your checkbook, pick your nose and figure your gas mileage, whatever pull ahead. It really infuriates me, when they will turn and look right at me when they are getting in their vehicle.
As far as handicapped parking (I realizing there are different kinds of handicaps)but the people with sky high 4 wheel drives and handicapped plates, they can't walk long distances but they can crawl in and out of a 4 wheel drive. I have a cousin who is on disability for psoriasis and has handicapped plates.

Coffee,

I am disabled and the only vehicle we own...and there are 5 in my driveway including the Duster...that I can get in and out of w/o pain is my RAM. It is easier to climb up and slide down ... I cannot walk or stand much but I can bicycle..each disability is unique to the person...and I have learned lots .. I don't *look* disabled and I have had my share of people ripping strips off of me because of my parking (with permit)in the disabled parking spots..

I had always wondered why older folks gravitated to vans..now I know.

You use that language at my wife or daughter and it would be on.Maybe there were empty pumps when she pulled up or someone was already at one in front of her. She may have been ignorant but you were hostile. Get some meds.
Sorry if some feel this was offensive. I guess I took offense to a woman being talked to this way. Wasnt my wife or daughter so I had no dog in the fight.But ,just wondering,if it was your wife or daughter how would you feel? Apologies for the tone of my post.Pete

Sorry if some feel this was offensive. I guess I took offense to a woman being talked to this way. Wasnt my wife or daughter so I had no dog in the fight.But ,just wondering,if it was your wife or daughter how would you feel? Apologies for the tone of my post.Pete

I understand exactly what you said and why, and no hard feelings here Pete.
Somehow I have the feeling you wouldn't be married too, or raise an inconsiderate selfish person.
But it's not like that everywhere.

If it was my wife or daughter and someone did that, I would tell them they deserved it for doing something so stupid and inconsiderate and oppologize to the poor sap waiting.
Seriously. (and yes it gets me in trouble at home sometimes)

Coffee,

I am disabled and the only vehicle we own...and there are 5 in my driveway including the Duster...that I can get in and out of w/o pain is my RAM. It is easier to climb up and slide down ... I cannot walk or stand much but I can bicycle..each disability is unique to the person...and I have learned lots .. I don't *look* disabled and I have had my share of people ripping strips off of me because of my parking (with permit)in the disabled parking spots..

I had always wondered why older folks gravitated to vans..now I know.
Guess I never thought of it that way. Giving it some thought and I have trouble getting in and out of newer cars. When I had my Neon I would almost roll out of it.

I'd laugh at you. My wife, however, might draw and **** on you!

A guy I know told me how he was waiting patiently in line to get up to the pumps and right when he finally had his chance to do so some ahole zips in front of him up to the pump.

His buddies in the car with him are telling him to get out and kick the guys ***, but he says no just wait. The jerk finishes up pumping gas and goes inside to pay up. That's when this guy gets out of his car, takes his locking gas cap and puts it on the jerk's car.

He's out his locking gas cap but the thought of what will happen the next time the jerk has to fill up is priceless.

Some peoples kids! Literally, get this....

Before I went through open heart surgery, I used to work for the local "Liquor Commission" (State name held), in the maintenance department for 78 stores, state wide. Used to travel all over the place for different building issues, and or new location builds of the inside of the stores....

Being said that, I have been on extension ladders that gone up through the ceiling (a drop ceiling mind you) to get to pipes that were either leaking OR the roof was leaking this one particular time. not but 20 feet from the entrance doors to thwe store, while it was opn. had 3 (yes THREE) bright orange cones to protect the ladder feet, AND a fellow co-worker "spotting" me to held aid in anything I needed and to keep people away from the ladder.....

So, as this was all "procedure" by OSHA standards on what I was doing. He was handing me I believe it was a tool (its been awhile) and was hit! By a person, pushing a cart, with booze in it, and about knocked him down and the hit shook the ladder damn near throwing me off into the drop ceiling! He got up off the floor and said to the person, you couldn't "see" the blockaid we had to protect us and the ladder as the 3 cones had poles with a wrap in yellow to say "caution" on them....The person just stood there, dumbfounded!!!!! I looked down and said to Bob my spotter what the hell was THAT!? Someone trying to kill me? as at the time of the hit, I was 25 feet off the ground and around all sorts of **** that would have made the trip to the hospital........very interesting!

Then right about the time I said this to him through the ceiling, someone ELSE hit the back of the ladder, and through the feet of it 3 feet forward, taking out 3 rows of ceiling tiles, and tossing me to the closest roof support "metal" rafter hanging onto it, like a damned monkey.....Bob, picking himself up, a second time from the floor tries to pull it together enough to help me as the store staff was all freaked right out about this time.....I know, I must have hung there for 5 minutes till all was sorted with Bob....

Not 20 minutes AFTER we packed up everything and the job was done, we were just about to go into our truck (state provided) to head to the next location, we watched a Chevy Caprice Classic drive right through the front doors of this store, and would have killed both, me and Bob....I mean literally drove right through the front doors! The driver.........mistaken the gas pedal for the brake! She was 74 years old. they closed the store for the day for the rest of our crew to come in and make the needed repairs, and the state lost I think it was 40,000 dollars due to this! They gave Bob and I the rest of the day off, paid!

Then one other time, I was helping the paint crew.....We got to this one store about 45 minutes before they opened! As we were inside painting there were people (patrons) tapping on the windows to get us to open the front doors!!!!! By the time of opening, this store had I know 30 people waiting in line to by liquor! All camped out in front of the store and you know whats sad? ALL of them only bought whats called "nips" the little single shot bottles of liquor!!!!!! I just can't believe some people.......

And these aren't the craziest ones I've witnessed!

gotta be careful with the handicap plates! I have one, I have a bad ticker and thanks to Fallujah, Iraq I also have PTSD. I don't normally park in the handicap slots, but if I'm not feeling great I may.
I had had a woman challenge me recently over my plates and my choice of parking. She got to see my "zipper" she also got to meet the "mean monster" that lives in my head. When it was over, she was bawling, and I had to go to the VA and be talked down. I have a feeling she'll think twice about ever saying something to anyone again. So I guess what I'm saying is, I'd be careful, you never know what snake might living in the can you're kicking.

You know what I think?

I...

Think...

That everyone has cabin fever and can't drive their cars in nice weather.

gotta be careful with the handicap plates! I have one, I have a bad ticker and thanks to Fallujah, Iraq I also have PTSD. I don't normally park in the handicap slots, but if I'm not feeling great I may.
I had had a woman challenge me recently over my plates and my choice of parking. She got to see my "zipper" she also got to meet the "mean monster" that lives in my head. When it was over, she was bawling, and I had to go to the VA and be talked down. I have a feeling she'll think twice about ever saying something to anyone again. So I guess what I'm saying is, I'd be careful, you never know what snake might living in the can you're kicking.
Amen brother I hear ya,never know which can has the whoopass in it...thanks for your service and hope all gets better for ya...got friends with PTSD and it aint pretty at times and it's very real but most civilians have absolutely no concept of it or what it is or what can trigger it much less how to deal with it...

I broke my ankle a a few months ago and actually only returned back to work last week Monday
before I went in for surgery to get everything put back in place the doctors office gave me the paperwork to get a 6 month handicapped placard

now that I can walk again I hardly ever use it (only when I have the wife and our 3 year old and our 11 week old with us)
the wifey always gets mad at me for parking in a handicapped spot (even though it is to drop them off) so I told her I will no longer use it when I drive...only when I park

[flamesuit on]

Guess the worst I've seen was on 9/11. Went to Sam's Club and stopped to get gas, cars lined up three deep. One woman screams, "I gotta get gas!" I kind of did a WTF. I am so stupid I didn't realize what was going on, until I got home and heard on the news about some of the stations around jumped a little too quick and raised the price on gas.

I'm skeptical about most handicapped parkers just because of the fraud in this area: a bogus handicapped parking tag is quite highly prized! (Mostly: free unlimited meter time in many cities.) The going rate is about $150 at the DMV...small, used bills discreetly wrapped in some paperwork.

My brother worked for a guy that contracted to move snow in c-store parking lots(pickup with snowplow). My brother told how people would pull in right in back of or in front of him, blocking him in, then he would have to sit and wait for them to come back out so he could move again and continue plowing.

-
Back