K-frame rebuild

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
ok,,,k frame is out ,,got a complete rebuild, including the lower control arms that were removed for new bushings, now,,, at what position do I tighten then back in at. mounted back in place hanging in static position? kinda new at this some help would be great.thx

Torque them to specs with the suspension loaded. Car ramps may be easiest.

What's the best way to remove and replace the bushing in the lower control arms? I removed the pivot with the tool I bought from American Muscle but having a hard time getting the bushings out. Any advice appreciated.

The rubber bushing can be burned out. If your using Ploy bushing you will need the original sleeve. You just burn the old bushing out, clean the sleeve up and push the new bushing in, If you using new rubber bushings you can burn the bushing out and use a chisel to split the old sleeve to remove it.

Torque them to specs with the suspension loaded. Car ramps may be easiest.

so,,,jsut leave them loose,,,put the motor and tranny in,,,tires on (with ramps),,tighten the torsion bars up until the tires look straight,,, then tighten lower arms to spec,,,,,is this about right ???

so,,,jsut leave them loose,,,put the motor and tranny in,,,tires on (with ramps),,tighten the torsion bars up until the tires look straight,,, then tighten lower arms to spec,,,,,is this about right ???

Yes, that is the correct way. You want the bushings to sit in their relaxed form when they are in the "Normal" or 'Loaded" suspension stance.

-
Back