k frame

-

modart69

Reaction score
Is the K frame a special front end or is it the same unit by name? i am building a 69 dart and looking for all the info I acan find.

Tim

The K frame is the name given to the K shaped saddle that the motor bolts into. I'm sure your car has one unless there is no front suspension under it whatsoever as some of the front suspension parts also bolt to it. FYI, nowadays there is no need to change the K frame to swap engines as Schumacher sells just about every possible engine mount for all the different K frames. Good luck with your project, Geof

If you are building a car from the ground up and have a nice budget than spend the 5k and get an alterktion. https://www.reillymotorsports.com/
This is an aftermarket rack n pinion system that bolts into stock location. This system will allow you to ditch the torsion bars which create clearance issues when using headers. It will also allow you to run coilovers.

If you stay with the stock kframe then I would go through all the stock front end parts and upgrade if possible. Firm Feel and Just Suspension are just two of many companies that supply aftermarket front end parts for the stock application.
Whatever you do, dont buy a kmember from Cap Autoproducts. I did and it broke multiple times and had fitment issues.

-
Back