K-H Caliper parts

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I have a set of the K-H 4 piston calipers and I'm trying to find the retaining plates (?) and the 2 clips that go with them that hold the pads in. Any ideas?

I have a set of the K-H 4 piston calipers and I'm trying to find the retaining plates (?) and the 2 clips that go with them that hold the pads in. Any ideas?

Any Mustang restoration shop, vendor, seller of your choosing, on the internet.
Look under 67 Mustang, for the pad hold down plates.
Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, are basically the same thing on Mopars, and early Mustangs.

What year calipers? or car you working on anyway?
1965 and some 66, Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, used a different pad hold down retainers, than the 67 and up calipers, but they all will interchange.
The Mustang shops will have either style.

Thanks guys I'll look some up. I was told they came off a 68 cuda but I'm not sure now. The hold downs have fomoco stamped on them I feel like a traitor. There going on a 67 dart

Your now going to have to determine if you actually have Mopar, or Ford, Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston, disc brake calipers.
Brake, rubber flex hose, mounting is different between the manufacturers.
Fords attach the brake hose directly into the caliper with either a 3/8 or 7/16 fitting ends on the hose, and the Mopars use a hard metal line into the caliper, a hose mounting bracket, and then the rubber flex hose.
A FORD caliper will work on a Mopar though, by just using the appropriate rubber flex hose.

This is what a Mustang, Kelsey Hayes, caliper looks like with the way the hose attaches to the caliper.

Mustang Caliper 001 (Small).JPG

Mustang Caliper 002 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Hemi71x. I have the Mopar set was surprised to see the ford plates on top

Ok, Groovy.
That's probably because they were replaced, sometime during their lifetime, with parts off a Ford Mustang, Kelsey Hayes caliper.
Again, pretty much, all the same thing.
Jim V.

-
Back