K member spacers

-

wireweld

Reaction score
Can I use 1/4 inch spacers under the k member mounts to lower the k for header clearance? I have tti 17/8 headers and the draglink is touching at full left turn.

I know the factory bolts have a taper to them so the K is aligned properly. Is that an issue when a spacer is used?

Can I use 1/4 inch spacers under the k member mounts to lower the k for header clearance? I have tti 17/8 headers and the draglink is touching at full left turn.

What can you tell us about the motor mounts? If they are OEM rubber, they probably sagged. Trans also. Poly mounts can restore original heights and last much longer.

Engines with the '73 & up spool mounts can be tilted a bit from side to side before tightening the lower bolt to help clearances.

'72 & earlier mounts perhaps could be spaced a bit at the studs with drilled plates.

Polylock mounts. New urethane tranny mount. Qa1 k member, borgeson box, dillinger lowers and strut rods, firm feel uppers and afco coil overs.

lowering your k frame will have an effect on your steering and front end geometry

All good stuff! I know that K-member spacers will change the suspension geometry and likely require a front end alignment, or at least a check. But can't say if that's the way to go or not. Spacing the mounts may help if fabricated, proper fitting flat plate spacers can be installed on one or both sides. (I'm visualizing the poly-loc mounts as being the "sandwich" '72 & earlier style with studs on both sides.)

Maybe it would be better to raise the engine by putting shims under the mounts?
How do you know when the engine is in the correct position?

-
Back