K & N air filter question

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 14" K & N air filter last year for the Duster. I liked the reddish color of it and it seems to work well. Used it all last year and uncovered the car to get it ready this year and the filter isn't reddish any more. My question is if I use the cleaning kit on it with the solution and the oil, will that bring back the reddish color of the air filter. Has anyone used this solution and does it restore the filter to new. Thanks

Have used them on daily drivers and used the kit to clean and re-oil and on them they are a darker red due to alot of miles. I would assume if you don't put alot of miles on it will show less wear.

I use K&N filters on all my 4 wheelers. Just purchase the K&N filter cleaning kit use it as directed and it will look as good as new. Be sure to let the filter air dry completely before apply the oil.

thanks, mine is not used much and it has lost all the redness. I will try the kit.

yep, that should fix it up, Bill- the redness comes from the oil in the K&N kit that you re-lubricate the filter with after washing

I kinda thought that because I saw a you tube video on how to clean it and saw some red stuff come out when they sprayed it but just wanted to confirm this. I was shocked when I opened up the car and saw that the air filter was not red any more after paying a lot of money for it. I ordered a kit from summit. Thanks

well, I bought the cleaning kit and cleaned and oiled it and it turned out nice. Thanks for the input. Never done this before. I was getting ready to get real creative with a can of red paint. LOL

Attachments

• DSC06540 (Copy).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC06541 (Copy).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC06542 (Copy).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 70
-
Back