K Platform

-

Max340

Reaction score
Not sure if this goes here or not. I asked this on another board, figured I'd ask it here as well and see if anyone has any input.

I have two K platforms, and am looking at a third. I have an 89 LeBaron coupe, and a 86 Dodge 600. I'm looking at (I think) a 92 LeBaron coupe.

Two questions:

Can I take the engine and dashboard from the 89 and put them in the 92? The 92 has a dead digital dash, and a V6/AT, but I like my 2.2 TI 5spd. Also, the 89 body is losing its battle with age, due to a number of factors. The effect here would be to replace the bad dash in the 92, and repower the car with a 34mpg fun to drive engine.

Second, can I then take the V6 engine and electronics and replace the worn TBI 2.? in the Dodge 600? I'm mostly concerned with being able to swap the engine, cradle and front suspension, since I'm thinking the V6 half shafts will be heavier than the originals.

Any advice would be great. I know buying the cars already complete would be easier. I don't have the money to do that, unless someone has a deal they want to let me in on.

Thanks for the input.

hey man I cant help you but if you go to turbododge.com and ask this question i am sure you will get more than one person giving you the correct answers.... they can be jerks over there sometimes buts it the place to go for questions about 1980s mopar...

THE 89 and 92 are j bodies.

Yes. The question there is, will the 89 dash be a bolt in for the 92 so I can replace the dead digital dashboard?

The next question is, will the engine cradle/"k frame" from the 92 J body fit the Dodge 600? I need the 92 frame to fit into the 600 so the V6 can be swapped in.

Does anyone have the FSM for the 600 body, or know what letter designation the 600 was? It may still be the K, but I'm not sure of that.

I dont think there much that will swap from a J to a K but i'm just assuming. Wish I had an actual answer, haha

-
Back