Karting??..

-
So how did it go, did ya have fun? Inquiring minds wasn’t to know!
Yes we had a blast..!!..
For not driving it for 5 months and putting it away wet and firing it up it ran great!.. of course it had no air in the tires and always I change the oil before I run and tighten the chain just a little and lubricate it... I had one of the guys who normally only rides and shifter carts and has a couple ride in my car and he said besides not having the extreme pickup that the two-stroke has it held the track like it was on rails and was well impressed...

Would love to run one but no place around here to race.
I knew a guy that raced for decades . He would fly to Monaco to race ! Had a heart attack while racing and passed doing what he loved ! Owned a furniture store and was Local Rotax dealer as a side biz....
Respects

First thing I thought of when reading the thread title....:lol:

FA82E129-71C7-4CDB-9B1E-44E852B96526.jpeg

Yes we had a blast..!!..
For not driving it for 5 months and putting it away wet and firing it up it ran great!.. of course it had no air in the tires and always I change the oil before I run and tighten the chain just a little and lubricate it... I had one of the guys who normally only rides and shifter carts and has a couple ride in my car and he said besides not having the extreme pickup that the two-stroke has it held the track like it was on rails and was well impressed...
Right on, glad you had a great time! I’ve only ran shifters on a track, but the single speeds seem to go pretty good. Do you have to mess with clutch adjustments much?

Right on, glad you had a great time! I’ve only ran shifters on a track, but the single speeds seem to go pretty good. Do you have to mess with clutch adjustments much?
With a four stroke motor I just have to change the oil each time I take it out and check the chain tension and the air in the tires for the most part. Maybe twice a year clean the clutch out a little bit but I still haven't done that... Kind of extremely low maintenance.. I talked to my friend at the track and he has both a two-stroke shifter kart and a two-stroke one speed tag kart. He seems to like the shifter kart but says it's very finicky and always having to adjust something.. the tag kart he's done nothing but put gas in it...

It's been almost a year since your last post in this thread.
Did you do much carting this past summer?
Unfortunately basically none.. so busy finishing up that power wagon. But I did get a free pass when I went and helped blow off the track after the county fair was done making a mess of it...
I also got it out of storage and it now resides in the back of the power wagon so it's pretty much ready to go and today was our first day of rain LOL., Today I'm just roughing it... :rolleyes:
IMG_20221022_113432483_HDR.jpg

-
Back