KB Piston Kits

-

Teedog

Reaction score
Hey does anyone happen to know "what brand of rings" UEM (United Engine Machine) supply with their KB piston and ring kits? Plain wrapper budget no name brand? Would they be el-cheapo rubbish? Surely they wouldn't risk selling them with utterly useless rings that will straight out fail...
Better to get piston and rings separately so you know what you're getting?

Cheers,
Teedog :smile:

According the Summit description, it says OEM quality ductile iron moly faced rings...I suspect they're probably fine for N/A, but not really recommended for boost above about 6-8psi or NO2 past 100hp. But, if all you're doing is driving it on the street or occasionally on the strip, it's probably fine.

They're probably speed pro or Hastings...

The last KB pistons I got with rings came with Hastings rings.

OK thanks for that guys.. I do already have the kit but it certainly gives no indication of the manufacturer at all.
Going in a 20thou over 318... Mildly warmed over for a crisp street cruiser... Naturally aspirated and will very rarely ever see the strip so I guess they should be ok then.

Cheers gentleman.
Teedog.

Please post some pics when you get around to it-we dig the down under cars

Make sure your ring gaps are sufficient. the supplied ones will almost definitely need to be filed for correct fitment.

The formulas would have been included with your pistons, but they can also be found here.

Yeah man for sure... read all the literature and numerous threads on this... will be super careful with the gaps to get them spot on as per KB's recommendations.

Cheers,
Teedog

Frosty speaks with forked tongue not. The ring gaps on KB pistons are very critical. Make SURE you follow Frosty's advice there, or you will be tearing it back apart findin broke stuff.

-
Back