KB167 questions

-

Colohusker

Reaction score
Going to order a set of KB167 to start building my sons engine for his Duster, and was curious if they come with wrist pins or if I have to order those separately? If I need to order them, can anyone confirm the length? I think the .984 X 2.750 will work, but having a hard time finding those in stock anywhere. Will .984 X 2.500 work?

Thanks,
Scott

thanks, I thought they would come, guess it's just too late after a long day. Guess what I needed was in big red letters on their site saying Comes with Pins!!! :)

Now just need to find some relatively inexpensive 5.2 heads to slap on.

do your math first to figure out what your compression will be. You could very likely end up with too much with the combo of the KB's and the 5.2 magnums. If it were me id just put 360 heads on it. Another option would be to use the D dish pistons. I am almost sure that KB has them in hypereutectic with the same pin heigth as the 167's. Than you could use the 5.2's heads. anyway, figure it oout first. Use a compression calculator off of the net. (google)
the 167 has a tall 1.81 pin height that puts the piston up near the top of the deck, unlike the stock units that are way down.

-
Back