Keep an eye on your mail, this season.

-
^^^
hahahahaaha...

Awesome.

All of this got me thinking that I'm going to get some subscriptions to magazines for people. Amy's dad, Mark, Harley Davidson rider, works as a safety foreman for the railroad, super nice guy. I think in addition to his gift this year, I'm going to get him a subscription to Kittens magazine. Hopefully he gets creative and uses them for target practice at the shooting range, or something.

I actually pay most of my bills through the phone, personally. I don't like auto pay, with the exception of a few bills. I like having control over it, but the ONLY bill I pay through the mail is my rent.

My landlord is a car guy. Whenever he comes over, we BS for about an hour about the property, his car or whatever. They are really nice, he and his wife. I'm fortunate to have them as a landlord. He was really cool about everything not arriving.

I'd be tempted to just do an account transfer if he's comfortable with it, but I think he likes checks, because he has a printed record of it, when he does his taxes.

This also got me thinking that if this is the only thing I ever send out, I may get a locking mail box that is pretty stout.

I thought about getting an oversize sheet metal one and stuffing an iron safe in it, concrete mold over a treated I beam for a stand and disguise it like a wood post.

If I did that, I'd want a security cam, just in case anyone ever decided to take a bat to it, I could get the enjoyment of watching the bat recoil back into the car. I've only seen it once in my life and I just about peed myself from laughing.

Also, if you're really concerned about mail being stolen (I've had a few packages picked off in the mix somewhere, either by USPS or someone else) the best thing to do is just insure it.

-
Back