Keisler A body Kit Quote!

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
I asked for a quote from Keisler for their A body TKO 500 auto to 5 speed conversion kit. It's a little more than I thought, but it does come with alot of stuff that I didn't think of.
$6107.00 US delivered to my doorstep in Canada.

This includes the following:
trans
clutch
bell housing
flywheel
pressure plate
pedal assembly
hydraulic clutch actuator kit
drive shaft
sheet metal hump
cross member
mount
speedometer cable
pistol grip shifter
boot
3 year warranty

I think I'm heading this way. Has anyone done this swap? How do you like it?

Screw that ****, there is a thread about installing a t-56 6 speed and you get 1 more gear and can do it for cheaper. If I have to cut the tunnel to do major surgery why limit myself to a 5 when I can have a 6. That said if could get a reasonably price t-6060 go that route (the 6060 is the tranny you'll find in the srt8 challenger, viper, zr1 vette, zl1 camaro, cts-v, gt500, etc).

I haven't finished my swap, as I'm doing a lot of other. For me, I had to cut more than half of the tranny crossmember out. Also you need to cut a couple large holes in the tranny hump, and then weld a new hump over the top. Just something to be aware of.

I'm guessing your car was originally an auto car? I wonder if the new passon 5 speed would be an easier swap? Probably not by much if you've got an auto car right now.

What about Keislers new tranny? The RS500 or RS600?

If you do go with the TKO, I suggest getting the TKO600.

Also, I've got a Keisler driveshaft and flywheel I didn't end up using I'd let go cheap if you want them (I went with a hemi and a 9" vs LA and 8 3/4").

I used the hurst conversion it is way more complicated then they lead you to believe now that it is complete so worth the work I kept my manual clutch go with the 600

That is insane. I think you'd still be in for less work if you did a full t5 swap with a virtually bullet proof Gforce/astro gears t5 hybrid(Gforce case+astro internals)

I'm going the route of the TKO500, but I don't know if the shop has installed it yet or not (I haven't talked to them in a few weeks). When I ordered mine last year, they had just found out the RS wouldn't work in the A-body. I don't know if they have that design finalized. That one is supposed to need less work to install, I think, if I remember the advertisements correctly, and was a little cheaper than the TKO.

I didn't realize until I started looking at the various packages available how much stuff had to change for the auto to manual swap. Now I know that the extra stuff adds up a bit.

I put the Keisler TKO 500 kit in four years ago. If you follow the directions it does fit in there. I had to loosen the motor mounts, pull the distributor, firewall electrical connections and center link and lower the back of the engine until it just about hits the firewall. Then you can mate the TKO and raise it back up. I bought a trans jack that helps alot.

The first trans I got was an older version that would not stay in fourth gear. Keisler stood behind it and replaced it with the newer version.

I have over a hundred passes on it in a heavy car (12.34 @ 112). Even with 3.91 gears it cruises on the highway with the fifth gear (2400 @ 70). It does shift better than the old four speed and I like the wider gearing, 3.27, 2.02, 1.67, 1.00 and 0.68.

I'm not sure how the shifting is on it, but Passon's looks like the way to go for me. I like the extra gear, still want the feel of my car.

-
Back