Kelsey h to bbp discs

-

mechanic190

Reaction score
Ok it was brought to my attention and im tired of searching being that not everyone has kh brakes. Im going to bbp discs and need to know if the lower ball joint works or not. Also if not will my lca accept the newer ball joint? Car is a 72 dart
Thanks
Brad

I believe that I used the newer lower ball joint with the existing lower control arm. Bolted right up.

You will need to use lower ball joints from any 73-76 A body car, when converting to BBP brakes.
Lower control arms are all the same, and don't have to be changed.
You leave them alone, unless you are taking them out to rebuild, at the time of the changeover.

The difference in the ball joints is the bolt size where they bolt to the spindle. The tapered stud is the same , Unlike the upper ball joint this has a different taper so the uca's must be changed to use the larger upper ball joints

If you use an adapter for the early upper ball joint stud you dont have to change the upper control arm. DrDiff has them and if I remember correctly they are less expensive than the cost of replacing the UCA, not including the new upper ball joint you'll need for it.

-
Back