Kelsey Hayes A body brakes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with the Scarebird disk brake conversion brackets ($99.00) along with the Chev Celebrity calipers ($25.00) and Celebrity rotors for about another $25.00 all from eBay. Heck of a deal and its all brand new stuff and you don't have to change the spindles and upper control arms and mess around with 37 year old parts where the rotors are probably shot the the calpiers need complete rebuilding. I did a previous Kelsey Hayes conversion and it cost a lot of money (over $500.00) for ho-hum old brakes. I just did a Scarebird conversion and it works great. Check out their web site at:

http://www.scarebird.com/12802/21432.html

Hartman-52 said:
I would go with the Scarebird disk brake conversion brackets ($99.00) along with the Chev Celebrity calipers ($25.00) and Celebrity rotors for about another $25.00 all from eBay. Heck of a deal and its all brand new stuff and you don't have to change the spindles and upper control arms and mess around with 37 year old parts where the rotors are probably shot the the calpiers need complete rebuilding. I did a previous Kelsey Hayes conversion and it cost a lot of money (over $500.00) for ho-hum old brakes. I just did a Scarebird conversion and it works great. Check out their web site at:

http://www.scarebird.com/12802/21432.html

I'm trying to do a factory style resto on my car and want the kelsey hayes.

OnlineCalipers has rebuilt Kelsey-Hayes calipers. I've been able to get a couple set of brake shoes off of e-bay. My rotors were in pretty good shape. Mustangs of the same era used the same brakes, so parts are still available. I've seen rotors on e-bay for about $120 per pair.

I have a set that includes rebuilt calipers from NAPA, new pads, new hardware, new rotors, hubs spindles backing plates brake hoses and I think even the lower ball joints. I bought it for my 68 cuda but went with 10" drums as that was what it came with. I have like $800 into them, but since I no longer need them I am open to offers, or may trade for interesting mopar stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back