kelsey hayes disc brake rotor swap

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
Hey guys its time for me to replace rotors and pads on a small bolt disc brakes. The last time i had to bang out the studs to replace and mount the rotors to the hub.

This time im wondering can i just cut the swedge with a 5/8 hole saw and swap the rotor on that way?

Hey guys its time for me to replace rotors and pads on a small bolt disc brakes. The last time i had to bang out the studs to replace and mount the rotors to the hub.

This time im wondering can i just cut the swedge with a 5/8 hole saw and swap the rotor on that way?
I've never seen rotors swedged on in my life and I've been doing this since 1974.

I've never seen rotors swedged on in my life and I've been doing this since 1974.

lol well mine were with the original rotors on the hubs, its been a while i just remember i had to bang out the studs in order to get the original rotor off the hubs.

Press out the wheel studs change the rotors and then press them back in again, make sure you clean off the hub surface. I did my 68 SBP rotors a little while ago but I decided to replace all the wheel studs. No swedge.

064.JPG

-
Back