Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   1
Contact seller
I rebuild brake and suspension parts as a little side line business, and i just finished up rebuilding this 65-72 A body Kelsey Hayes disc brake set up.
I currently have 3 set up's left in stock. After these sell, i no longer will be doing this as it's been getting to difficult to find, and then purchase, missing parts that are needed to make my brake set up's 100% complete.

I have been forgetting to mention that these 4 piston Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes are the small, 4 inch bolt pattern.
That's all that the 72 and earlier A body cars ever were.

Calipers have new pads,new rebuilding kits, new rubber brake hoses, and all the hose brackets, and pad hold down clips, caliper hard lines are all there.

Rotors are replacements and have been previously lightly machined. All the lug studs are right hand thread. All the wheel bearings, grease seals, are all there.

Everything has been thouroughly cleaned, then soaked out in a solution of Evaporust, then painted up with Rustoleum paint, and put back together.

Included is the disc brake proportioning valve, and the hard lines to the master cylinder.

This is a complete set up, but you will need to purchase your own DISC brake master cylinder to use these disc brakes, wether you buy one for manual brakes, or power brakes, that will depend on what you will be using.
Also if your existing lower ball joints are in good condition, you will have to drill out the mounting bolt holes to 9/16 inch, or purchase new Disc brake lower ball joints.

Selling everything for $785.00, plus what it costs for boxes, and the FEDEX shiping to your zip code. Price is firm. I spend lots of labor time hours to rebuild these parts, and what it costs for parts.

Have plenty of other pictures that i can send to you, if you are a serious buyer for my parts.
This is the current set up that i was putting together for sale.
Contact me through this forum with a PM message.
Thank's
Jim V.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes #28 Sparks 001 (Small).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 850
  • Kelsey Hayes #28 Sparks 004 (Small).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 530
  • Kelsey Hayes #28 Sparks 009 (Small).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 542
  • Kelsey Hayes #28 Sparks 013 (Small).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 540
For the Australian and New Zealand members on this forum.
Yes, i can send these disc brake set up's to your countries, if you have me FEDEX them to a shiping-container company in Southern California.
In state shiping isn't that bad.
Then the shiping company gets all the packages to your countries.
I have done this in the past.

Sorry, i do not ship out of the continental United States to European countries, or Canada.
The mailing fees are so super expensive, for heavy parts, such as these, and i never will hear from you again anyway, if i had to give you a quote for out of the USA shiping.

For the Australian and New Zealand members on this forum.
Yes, i can send these disc brake set up's to your countries, if you have me FEDEX them to a shipping-container company in Southern California.
In state shiping isn't that bad.
Then the shiping company gets all the packages to your countries.
I have done this in the past.

Sorry, i do not ship out of the continental United States to European countries, or Canada.
The mailing fees are so super expensive, for heavy parts, such as these, and i never will hear from you again anyway, if i had to give you a quote for out of the USA shiping.

shipping to new zealand would be way more then what shipping would be to canada, just thinking that you may limit your buyers crowd by doing that

shipping to new zealand would be way more then what shipping would be to canada, just thinking that you may limit your buyers crowd by doing that

No, your wrong about that.
In state, California shiping has been in the $85.00 - $90.00 range thru the FEDEX guys, for the boxes, shiping, insurance, direct signature fees.
But after that i have no idea what it costs the Aussie's, and New Zealander's to get packages to their countries thru the container companies.

I just bought a set from hemi71 for my 1965 Dart GT with Slant Six. He is a great guy to work with and a wealth of information regarding the conversion. I highly recommend you consider this product. Parts due for delivery by Friday so I'll provide more when they get here.

I can bring a set down to the Ohlone College car show in Fremont CA. this weekend, or you can also stop by my place, if your coming to the Sacramento, Mopar show, in a couple of weeks from now.

........I don't see any caliper brackets. are they also included ??

Two sets sold during the month of May.
This set is available.
Bump, for the month of June.

I think i already asked this question ... BUT ... would there be ANY type of clearance concern between outside of caliper and inside of wheels , when using factory 14 X 5.5 steel wheels, small bolt pattern ?

In all the years that i have been rebuilding, and selling these disc brake set up's, nobody has ever told me anything negative in regards to wheel clearances.
After all, these brakes were used with factory steel wheels, and Rallye wheels.
Jim V.

Only issues I have heard of is with 13 inch wheels and discs, as you need 14s to clear, I hear.

[COLOR=green
[COLOR=#008000]But after that i have no idea what it costs the Aussie's, and New Zealander's to get packages to their countries thru the container companies.[/COLOR]

An Aussie member bought a complete 8.75 A Body rear end from me. He made all the shipping arrangements. IIRC his cost from WA to OZ was less than $350.

I see a large flat rate box 20 pounds max is a little over $60 to OZ/NZ; less than $40 to Canada. Could probably be done in 3 or 4 large flat rate boxes if the recipient needed them.

I recently purchased this same KH front disc brake setup from you. I've just now removed the old front drums & installed the new discs. Thus far every thing has been simple and the components are very nicely restored. I've also installed a new(rebuilt)MC for a 1974 Dart with power brakes. I do have a question about the proportioning valve. How can I be sure which circuit is for the rear wheels? There are two open circuit accesses on the valve and I'm not sure what goes where. Just being cautious cause I've not done this swapout before and everything is going very well and I don't want to screw anything up now. Perhaps you could use the photos you've posted here as a reference.
Thanks,
Jeff

I was getting ready to list another one of my brake set up's for sale, when i found this posting up at the top of the page.
Pretty much a coinsidence on my part.

Anyway, you will notice the prop valve has two different diameter flare nut, thread fittings to it.
The bottom, smaller, of the two, is plumbed to the rear brake line.

That was an easy question to answer.

Thanks,
That was quick and I appreciate it.
I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Thanks again,
Jeff

I rebuild brake and suspension parts as a little side line business, and i just finished up rebuilding this 65-72 A body Kelsey Hayes disc brake set up.
I currently have 2 set up's left in stock. After these sell, i no longer will be doing this as it's been getting to difficult to find, and then purchase, missing parts that are needed to make my brake set up's 100% complete.

I have been forgetting to mention that these 4 piston Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes are the small, 4 inch bolt pattern.
That's all that the 72 and earlier A body cars ever were.

Calipers have new pads,new rebuilding kits, and the rubber brake hoses were recent replacements whenever the car had a brake job before i got to it. All the hose brackets, and pad hold down clips, caliper hard lines are all there.

One of the rotors is a brand new, out of the box, replacement rotor. The other one was a recent replacement, before the donor car got to the wrecking yard, and has been lightly machined. All the lug studs are right hand thread. All the wheel bearings, grease seals, are all there.

Everything has been thouroughly cleaned, then soaked out in a solution of Evaporust, then painted up with Rustoleum paint, and put back together.

Included is the disc brake proportioning valve, and the hard lines to the master cylinder. And one of the ball joints is included with this set up. It's nice and tight. It doesn't need to be replaced. The other one turned out to be bent by the tie rod area. The car took a hard hit on the left side, undercarriage, that i took these brakes off of. Consider the one ball joint a bonus to this set up, that you don't have to buy.

This is a complete set up, but you will need to purchase your own DISC brake master cylinder to use these disc brakes, wether you buy one for manual brakes, or power brakes, that will depend on what you will be using.
Also if your existing lower ball joints are in good condition, you will have to drill out the mounting bolt holes to 9/16 inch, or purchase new Disc brake lower ball joints.

Selling everything for $785.00, plus what it costs for boxes, and the FEDEX shiping to your zip code. Price is firm. I spend lots of labor time hours to rebuild these parts, and what it costs for parts.

Have plenty of other pictures that i can send to you, if you are a serious buyer for my parts.
This is the current set up that i was putting together for sale.
Contact me through this forum with a PM message.
Thank's
Jim V.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes #29 Richmond 001 (Small).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Kelsey Hayes #29 Richmond 003 (Small).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Kelsey Hayes #29 Richmond 006 (Small).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Kelsey Hayes #29 Richmond 014 (Small).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 205
Status