Kelsey Hayes pre bent brake lines?

-

Mojack

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on who to buy from. I don't need the whole pre bent kit just the transfer tube and the line from the caliper to the rubber hose. Thanks.

I used inline tubes. Was pleased with the fit.

I used FINE LINES a company in Ohio and was satisfied with the fitment. Used INLINE TUBE for distribution block and other misc. pieces, and also satisfied with their products.

OK, thanks guys, so they both will sell just those lines without buying the whole kit?

OK, thanks guys, so they both will sell just those lines without buying the whole kit?

What do you mean by the "whole kit"?

Calipers use two hard lines on them, which i am sure you are aware.
The repop manufacturers sell both of them in their package.
That's the only way they are sold, as far as i know
I used to buy from Fine Lines, all the time, when i was rebuilding these brakes.
Cost was $35.00, and may still be the same.
You get all 4 of the lines, to do both calipers.
If you only really need to replace just one line on the caliper, then your going to have a spare(s), in your parts stash.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes Brakes #24 008 (Small).JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 297
What do you mean by the "whole kit"?

Whole kit=bumper to bumper. I need just the transfer tube and the line from the caliper to the rubber hose.

Calipers use two hard lines on them, which i am sure you are aware.
The repop manufacturers sell both of them in their package.
That's the only way they are sold, as far as i know
I used to buy from Fine Lines, all the time, when i was rebuilding these brakes.
Cost was $35.00, and may still be the same.
You get all 4 of the lines, to do both calipers.

That's the info I needed to hear, Thanks hemi71X

If you only really need to replace just one line on the caliper, then your going to have a spare(s), in your parts stash.

Thanks hemi71x, I ordered the caliper line kit and got them installed. All that I lack is to get a master cyl installed and the system bled.

ATTENTION boys and girls, do like hemi71x and assemble the lines to the calipers on the work bench. If you do it on the car it is much more cramped and difficult to do. This has been a public service announcement of the "do it bass ackward foundation" of which I'm a charter member.

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0014.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 176
Thank's for your comments. :thumbup:
Ya, sometimes putting new lines onto the calipers can be a bit frustrating, when the threads on the flair nut fitting just don't want to go in just right, due to the new tube needing just a bit of lining up.
I kept track, and i rebuilt 25 sets of those Kelsey Hayes brake systems during the past 7 or 8 years, so that was probably 3 or 4 sets a year that i sold, when i was rebuilding, and selling, all the ones that i had in my inventory, stash, hoard, collection, of parts, during the past 30 years or so.
So, i had it pretty much down to a rocket science, in rebuilding them.
Yours look good. Happy wrenching.
Jim V.

-
Back