KELSEY HAYES QUESTION

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Can anyone advise if the caliper halves that have the mounting bosses are interchangeable from left to right? They sure look identical, but I can't see any casting numbers.

Thanks

I think the X over and flex line holes are in different locations.

Might be able to have the holes drilled and tapped on a left to make it a right and visa versa

Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, are side specific, left and right.
You can't make a leftie a rightie, and then vise versa, you can't make a rightie a leftie.
The main, big body half, makes them side specific, because the bleeder screw is not drilled and tapped in two locations in the main body.

Yup I got that. I am inquiring about the side with the mounting boss. There are two inverted flare females. One for the fluid input and one to the crossover. They look like they can be reversed as the inverted flare females are a mirror image of each other.

I can't visualize what the heck you are talking about?
If you got 2 calipers in front of you, why don't you go experiment, and try, your theory?
Then why would you wan't to change things on factory calipers, anyway?
What the heck you trying to do?

I have 3 sets of cores. I want to use the best 2 that I have got. I know I am limited wih the bigger part (Left and right specific). That's why I am asking about side with the mounting boss.......Want to know if they are side specific as well.

If your talking about the smaller half's of the caliper bodies, they can be used on either side caliper.
They are both left and right side, and aren't side specific.

Sorry, I don't have a pic handy at the moment. I am referring to the half of the caliper that gets attached to the spindle.

If your talking about the smaller half's of the caliper bodies, they can be used on either side caliper.
They are both left and right side, and aren't side specific.
LOL.....Perfect! That's the answer I was looking for. We took the long way around, but we got there. Thanks for your input.

Another question........Does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts that hold the 2 caliper halves together?

From our 69 Plymouth FSM, so this is for sbp. Not sure if it makes a difference.
Another question........Does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts that hold the 2 caliper halves together?

20210527_104546.jpg

-
Back