kevco vs milodon

-
I went with the Milidon #30940 profile street & stip pan. 8 3/4 deep and Holds 8 qts. Hope the clearance issues with the K frame are minimal.

That's what I have in my race car. You'll probably need to cut a little triangle out of the k-member lip on the passemger side for clearance by the front pass. side corner of the flared sump, mainly when installing and removing the engine. TTI's fit great but some headers won't because of the sump on the pass. side. I don't remember if they remedied that with their 7 qt. Lo-Pro pan.

I went with the Milidon #30940 profile street & stip pan. 8 3/4 deep and Holds 8 qts. Hope the clearance issues with the K frame are minimal.

If its a street driven car, you'll have more problems/worries with hitting the pan on other stuff. Remember if it hangs below the k frame, you're asking for trouble.

That's what I have in my race car. You'll probably need to cut a little triangle out of the k-member lip on the passemger side for clearance by the front pass. side corner of the flared sump, mainly when installing and removing the engine. TTI's fit great but some headers won't because of the sump on the pass. side. I don't remember if they remedied that with their 7 qt. Lo-Pro pan.

No cutting with the road race pan, just saying.

:Dsounds good may I have found a good deal on a molodon but if it falls through kevco here I come, would a craper be necessary on a stroker motor just wondering

A scraper is one of those neat little extras. By scraping the excess oil off the crank it reduces windage and lightens the rotating assy. a little thus making more power. Like someone said early the scraper in the Kevco is pretty generic. It may help some but it's no where near as good as a custom scraper. But it's still better than nothing. IMO a good scraper is cheap HP.

^ you can get the scraper from www.crank-scrapers.com (just checked but something's wrong with their site). Just get the Teflon bladed version, does a much better job (it's what's in my 340)!

I was going to recommend Ishihara-Johnson crank scrapers but their website isn't up anymore!

^ it's where I got mine from! Great guy to talk with and I you have the milodon road race pan, he has the specs for it (at least with a girdle too).

I was going to recommend Ishihara-Johnson crank scrapers but their website isn't up anymore!

Last month our registration of the website was up for renewal after ten years and I made the big mistake of trying to move it from the outfit that had it to my webhost. Wow! I did not realize it could get jazzed up so badly.

It has been renewed but people are telling me they cannot see it in certain parts of the country. Please refresh your browser and if that does not do it I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me with your city and state (country, if out of the USA).

Thanks!

Kevin

Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scrapers

Last month our registration of the website was up for renewal after ten years and I made the big mistake of trying to move it from the outfit that had it to my webhost. Wow! I did not realize it could get jazzed up so badly.

It has been renewed but people are telling me they cannot see it in certain parts of the country. Please refresh your browser and if that does not do it I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me with your city and state (country, if out of the USA).

Thanks!

Kevin

Working again! Excellent work on your product.

Thanks!

Kevin

Works good here in central IL Kevin. Nice scrapers.

Both to the people that posted and the many PMs -- greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Kevin

hope the kevco works cause that's what I ending up ordering, ill keep my fingers crossed

Was looking at road race style oil pan, i plan to do a lot of street driving and hopefully few autoxs this year. I have the RMS set up and like the price of the Kevkos, was wondering if anyone had experience with any or could recommend a part number for kevko. Also motor is .060 over 360, eddie heads, cam and compression undecided, running dougs headers.

Had a Milodon 30941(stroked 360) I had planned on using but decided I didn't want to notch my K frame since it was already powdercoated.
Just got an M302. Welds look ok, paint not so great and they could use a bigger box to ship in, corners on the back end need a little hammer time most likely from shipping. I like it so far. We'll see for sure in a week or so when I get it all back in the car.

If nothing else I got a screaming deal on the brand new Milodon and gave somebody else a real good deal on it when I sold it, so in the end I got the Kevko and pickup for $125 .

I do really like the Milodon Road Race pan but I couldn't justify the expense for TTI's to fit with it. My headers are Heddmans and by the time I redid everything I would be out almost 2K.

-
Back