Kevko Pan clearance problem

-

Outasite

Reaction score
Anyone ever used the Kevko 6 qt pan in an early A body? Advertised as fitting all A body's. Hits right front of k member on mine. I'm thinking they did not know the e 64/66 is narrower by around four inches.Think I can make it work.by notching the k member. Just wondering if anyone has used one without issues.

IMG_20240315_144355811.jpg

IMG_20240315_150432245.jpg

Is the motor centered properly? It looks like where you’ve drawn the notch required that it is pretty far over towards the idler arm? Are the motor mounts and isolators all installed correctly?

Nope had to notch mine in the same exact location in your photo. notched and boxed , took a couple of hours , but i have a lift and a mig

Is the motor centered properly? It looks like where you’ve drawn the notch required that it is pretty far over towards the idler arm? Are the motor mounts and isolators all installed correctly?
On 64s the engine is not on center. Started out with new thickest Cummins mounts,no go. Then went back to the mounts that have been in there for a few years,No joy. I think Dogbreath told me what I needed. Saws all and mig,and a little two inch angle tomorrow.

It’s amazing how far off center it is.If you look at how the mount holes in the K member line up with the torsion bar, the offset is apparent.They needed room for steering box.

All the engines in mopars are 1 1/4 inches to the passenger side. K members must also be trimmed for the Milodon pan.

100_0550.JPG

100_0115.JPG

100_0116 (2).JPG

All the engines in mopars are 1 1/4 inches to the passenger side. K members must also be trimmed for the Milodon pan.
Yah for sure they are. It’s just that the picture with the notch drawing required looked very far over. Maybe it’s the early k frame throwing me for a loop too.

This is the bracket used on the passenger (right side). I was fitting the 5.9 in a 64 Dart with the Magnum manifolds. I have not welded the mount bracket for the 3rd bolt yet in the picture. Everything is tight and I had to slightly dimple the Mildon pan at the steering center link for hard left turn.

IMG_20230728_203850962.jpg

Update! Going to try and square this thread. First I have to say that moparlvr166 was correct.The picture I posted and the mount that I welded the “ear”onto was indeed the left side.when I pulled the engine,I pulled the mounts off and put them on the bench.Later I hung them on the engine so as not to misplace anything.Problem is I hung them on the opposite sides.So I then took the right side mount and welded the extra ear on it.After getting everything in its proper place.There is still a need to notch the K member,although not near as much as before.So thanks again to all for your input.

Update! Going to try and square this thread. First I have to say that moparlvr166 was correct.The picture I posted and the mount that I welded the “ear”onto was indeed the left side.when I pulled the engine,I pulled the mounts off and put them on the bench.Later I hung them on the engine so as not to misplace anything.Problem is I hung them on the opposite sides.So I then took the right side mount and welded the extra ear on it.After getting everything in its proper place.There is still a need to notch the K member,although not near as much as before.So thanks again to all for your input.
I have installed the brackets on incorrect side before after the project has been apart too long, many moons ago, sometimes we remember thing when it's done incorrectly, so I think you're in good company.

Well,a little tough working on the floor but it's done.The little Lincoln 140 had just enough *** to get it done.Anyway if you go with a Kevko in a 64/66 A this is what it takes.

IMG_20240324_140032962.jpg

IMG_20240315_150432245.jpg

IMG_20240324_140356318.jpg

-
Back