Key fob tag???

-

DAndy ART

dreams becoming reality
Reaction score
This was on the key ring when I got the car. What is it and what does it mean??

20171123_122730.jpg

20171123_122711.jpg

My keys had the same thing. It's the code to your key cut, so if you lose your keys you can give the code to a locksmith and they'll cut you a new one from scratch.

Oh right. Which key does it refer to? Can the code still be used today?

That I don't know. I'm sure that there is someone out there who could use the code, but I'm not sure which key it refers to. Probably both, but I can't say for sure.

Now anyone with that number can make keys to your car.......

Don't lose that tag! By not destroying that tag like it says to do, someone did you a huge favor!
That tag is the key info for your car. You need a special book to decode the key info. I have one of those books. Hard to get and not everyone knows what they are when they do pop up.
Anyway, the EP195 tells me to go to the EP charts, then to 195 in the chart. The 195 will list the depth of each cut 1 to 5 on the position of the key. 1 is no cut 5 is the deepest. You will need a Curtis key cutter to do this by the way. (I own one of those too.) EP is the door/ignition key cuts. There would have been another tag with a ES code for the trunk.
I posted the page of the book here to give you an idea of what it looks like. You'll notice your code isn't listed. I'll PM you that info.

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

-
Back